Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) July 13 - Night Fish-In - Lake Washington (Read 6989 times)
Stu
Ex Member

July 13 - Night Fish-In - Lake Washington
06/08/07 at 06:08:56
Quote Print Post  
July Night Fish-In

We are going to have a night Fish-In on Friday, July 13th at Lake Washington.

When:  Friday, July 13, 2007            

Where:  Lake Washington

Meet at the Mercer Launch at 7:30 pm. We will fish until midnight and then have a little BBQ, then people can go back out until whenever. Remember to have all of your lights and emergency equipment working and batteries charged, flashlights, etc. Plan to keep you life jackets on all night – and everyone should have a backseater – pair up.

Here is some advice from Larry Sullivan from a 2004 night fish-in. (I think that was the last one we had):

“Just an idea for those who have not fished at night very much… Black buzz baits, spinnerbaits and cranks are always a must as the fish key on mass rather than color… just an idea for your shopping convenience.  p.s Dull black not the glossy stuff. If you have glossy just take sandpaper to it.”

Directions to the Launch:  

From Hwy 405 take the I-90 towards Seattle . Take exit 8 (East Mercer Way) . At the intersection, turn left (south) onto  
E Mercer Way. Go back across I-90 and take the first left after the freeway on ramp. This will go down the hill to the launch .     Launch fee is $7.00  

Stu
« Last Edit: 07/13/07 at 05:42:53 by »  

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: July 13 - Night Fish-In - Lake Washington
Reply #1 - 06/09/07 at 03:32:41
Quote Print Post  
I'll be up for this one. Cool

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #2 - 06/24/07 at 17:09:46
Quote Print Post  
Can't wait, it's been awhile since we had a night fish-in. The last time we had one big fish was just over 5lbs. if I rebember right. Huh  It should be an awesome bite, I did real well on a 7-10ft crank last time, 11 fish, biggest 3.11. alot of 2 1/2 lbers.

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/07/07 at 07:56:37
Quote Print Post  
Friday? Dang it, that's a working day for me, quite often beyond that time, what happened to Saturday fish-ins?

Faz

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/07/07 at 15:48:44
Quote Print Post  
Hey Faz... A couple of hours into the Fish-in it will be Saturday!  Sorry you can't make it - it should be a great time!  

I love night fishing!  Most boats are off the water... the lake is yours.  You can't necessarily see where your lure lands but your other senses kick in and your crankbait or spinnerbait suddenly feels like it is throbbing intensely through the water, and when that smallie hits - it feels like a train just ran into your bait!  Yeeow!!! What a rush!!!!  To any of you guys still on the fence with this one - you gotta get in on a great night of angling.  You'll be hooked for life...

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/10/07 at 00:57:48
Quote Print Post  
Hey gang it's been awhile since I've been able to get out and would love to make this one. If someone might be able to give me a ride I'd love to make it I can cover fuel costs. Give me a call...

Die 'n' to go fishing,
Carlos 253-376-8591

BTW I don't have a computer so messaging me won't get r done, thanx.

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/12/07 at 04:55:07
Quote Print Post  
I need to get your input. What do people think about not having hot dogs/chili, just fishing until midnight, comparing big fish and then continuing to fish? I'll cook if people really need it, but if everyone is OK with just bringing food along on the boats, we could get more fishing in before it getsa too far into the AM. I'd like to be on my way home around 2 am or so because I have plans on Saturday afternoon and evening.

Let me know what you think.

Stu

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/12/07 at 22:36:47
Quote Print Post  
Forget the food - let's fish!

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/12/07 at 23:25:30
Quote Print Post  
Good luck to everyone...Watch out for those Thunderstorms!

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/warnings.php?wfo=sew&zone=WAZ657&pil=XXXRFWSEW&productTy...

Bob

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #9 - 07/13/07 at 00:14:29
Quote Print Post  
StuK wrote on 07/12/07 at 04:55:07:
I need to get your input. What do people think about not having hot dogs/chili, just fishing until midnight, comparing big fish and then continuing to fish? I'll cook if people really need it, but if everyone is OK with just bringing food along on the boats, we could get more fishing in before it getsa too far into the AM. I'd like to be on my way home around 2 am or so because I have plans on Saturday afternoon and evening.

Let me know what you think.

Stu

I say we just fish!

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/13/07 at 04:39:28
Quote Print Post  
Several longtime club members have told me that the MI police in the past have been OK with us leaving our rigs after hours. I hope they are right.

Larry or Jose, were you able to get in touch with your contacts at MI Police dept?

Stu

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #11 - 07/13/07 at 04:53:39
Quote Print Post  
I'd like to skip the food at midnight.  I will have dinner in the boat.
Ray

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/13/07 at 05:41:53
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, everyone. Let's just bring food individually.

Stu

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/13/07 at 06:46:50
Quote Print Post  
Just for information sake - Gene Coulon is open 24 hours a day.  I have a yearly pass so I will be putting in there and running down to I-90.  I know the lake real well and have GPS.  I run the lake at night a lot and love doing it.

PS - Make sure you guys have plenty of flashlight, etc..  Nothing worse than not being able to see how to tie a knot.  And if there is not a breeze, you may want bug spray.  I always throw an extra start up battery in the boat just in case.  When you have bow and stern lights on constantly, fish-finders (also using night lights), etc... you can delete a battery in a hurry!  Just a few loose thoughts...

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 07/13/07 at 14:10:14
Quote Print Post  
Love to be there but have family in town from Texas and the east coast. Have fun!!!!

Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo