Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Fishing Kids - Sat. June 2 at Gene Coulon (Read 5152 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Fishing Kids - Sat. June 2 at Gene Coulon
05/31/07 at 02:45:08
Quote Print Post  
Please remember the Fishing Kids Event this Friday and Saturday. Who is going?

Here is Andrea's newsletter article:

Friday, June 1st – Rigging Rods for Fishing Kids event
Gene Coulon Park in Renton from 4:00PM to 6:00PM

Please see me if you can help on this evening.

Saturday, June 2nd – Fishing Kids
Gene Coulon Park Renton – 7:30 AM
-- need volunteers to
help kids fish from the dock as well as volunteers to clean
fish – please bring your own knife, pliers, towel etc . . .
Please see me to sign up.

June 1st & 2nd – Cast for Kids Charity Auction & Tournament
Gene Coulon Park Renton--
see the http://castforkids.org/
web site for details

Thank you for your support of these events!

If you have any questions about these Special Events,
please do not hesitate to contact me.
Andrea Logston
« Last Edit: 05/31/07 at 04:40:46 by »  

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Fishing Kids - Sat. June 2 at Gene Coulon
Reply #1 - 06/02/07 at 00:15:04
Quote Print Post  
My GF and I will be there at 7:30 am Saturday.  I tryed to make it there to rig rods, but the traffic was overwelming on my route, figure they would be done by the time I showed up.  Hope all the rods get rigged up fine.  See some of yal there.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 06/02/07 at 06:20:56
Quote Print Post  
Holy Molies!!! I bagged a big one!!
Got asked by Auburn Sports and Marine to take a boat over to Coulon for Cast for Kids and to be a Boat Captain possible to take out a winning bidder in an auction and possible a Seahawk player or a cheerleader!
Well the boat I had taken over there is the biggest with a trolling motor.....a Sled.......so I bagged taking out Michael Boulware....Linebacker for our Seahawks......Clay Dyer...FLW Pro ........and the vice President of Cast for kids!!!

BETTER NOT SCREW UP WITH MY LANGUAGE TERRETTES!!!!

will post the results after the event....Larry.

IP Logged

bassboattech
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/02/07 at 06:35:47
Quote Print Post  
just keep the drool to a min larry wish i could go and see those kids faces Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 06/03/07 at 00:32:01
Quote Print Post  
Slight correction - that's the VP of the Seahawks that Larry took out.  Shocked   

Great event.  Great fun.  Great food, cheerleaders, drum band, TV cameras... weeee!  Western had a good showing, with several members participating in both the Pro and Celebrity divisions.

I had the pleasure of taking out LB Will Herring, a 5th round draft pick out of Auburn Univerisity.  He'd been bass fishing plenty of times before, but never for smallmouth.  His first, and biggest, went 2 1/2 pounds, off a dock right in front of the homeowners, who cheered when he caught it.   Cheesy  I gotta tell you, that was fun watching him do that!

I'm sure others will chime in here. What a fun day on the water.  Hope y'all get a chance to do it next year!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #5 - 06/03/07 at 03:17:22
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Glenn.......my mistake! But yes...it was a blast...seeing Clay do what he does and in person....AMAZING!! Ever tied a knot with your tongue?
Nuff said!
Michael Bouleware was an awesome angler with the only fish to the boat ( Smally at 1.32 lbs)  but plenty of bites!
Carol...my housemate made us cookies and I got a great picture of Mike..(the V.P) and Mike (the D.B.) chowing them down! Wink

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/03/07 at 14:52:05
Quote Print Post  
Great job guys, wish I could have been there to participate.  Had other commitments.  Undecided  That would have been special to see Clay.  Reminds me of the great inspiration we had in our own club.  Rich Loth.  Still missing him.  Cry

Mark

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/03/07 at 18:31:41
Quote Print Post  
Wow, Glenn and Larry you guys had a GREAT time it seems.  Maybe it will rub off on them Seahawks and they will become avid bass fisherman in the future.  I bet Larry was about to do a dance with Clay and the other VIP's in his boat.  Way to go and be great spokesmen for our sport.  Hope everyone had a great time and did well in the tourney too.

Chuck P

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #8 - 06/03/07 at 18:47:01
Quote Print Post  
Western had great representation with Lyle Logston also taking a player out and Smitty, Russ, Phil, Mark Chevier all fished the tourney which...I hope will catch on and be a regular fixture every year.
I was not able to go over to the Kids event but saw Andrea and Brock and Mike Beedle and his daughter. Nice to see everyone!!

Opps....sorry Chris! Chris Blandi and his girlfriend....I will remember her name someday!!  Tongue

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/03/07 at 19:25:19
Quote Print Post  
I had some High School Fishing Club Commitments or else I would have been there, I am certainly doing that next year!!!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #10 - 06/03/07 at 22:34:26
Quote Print Post  
Bill Hill, Brian Henderson, and DJ were there too, taking out the Hawks.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/03/07 at 23:43:37
Quote Print Post  
Jose and Miriam along with Conner Booth were also there for the full fishing kids event.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 06/04/07 at 00:42:02
Quote Print Post  
Great event well hosted by WBCer's there to help out. had a limit by 7:30 am biggest was a 3-8 but could not get any other kickers with just over 11.25lbs and one dead fish Cry. It was a Hobbs show again. Maybe someday one of our clubbers will beat him on his own water. When you know the lake as well as he does he is hard to beat.

Had a great time, will probably do it again next year.

Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo