Normal Topic Check list for tournaments? (Read 2414 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Check list for tournaments?
05/13/07 at 04:54:39
Quote Print Post  
It's been so long since I've gone to a tournament that I'm absolutely sure I'll forget something.  Anyone got a "Check List" that has worked for them in the past that they would be willing to share?  It might be a useful tool if the club began to put one together that everyone could use - especially beginners.  We could add to it until a thorough check list was put together.

Categories could be... Boat, Tent, Fishing Equipment, Tenting, Campers, Electronic gear, Cameras, etc...

Just an idea...

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Check list for tournaments?
Reply #1 - 05/13/07 at 14:07:45
Quote Print Post  
Hey Rev,
  That is way to organized.  Here in the tournement circut of the WBC trail.  We all show up with half our stuff, throw it into one big pile and share and share alike.  The beauty of our communial club.

Mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 05/13/07 at 15:46:01
Quote Print Post  
By the way Mark....I'm still short one Thong if you get a chance!

Tongue

Wink
« Last Edit: 05/13/07 at 18:18:03 by Larry S. »  

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 05/13/07 at 15:59:07
Quote Print Post  
On a more serious note.........
I use a Conversion van and load it to the gills with these items....
Extra 67 lb trolling motor and pedal...
Extra tackle...plastics cranks etc....
Repair equipt.....tools...floor jack...oil (2 stroke and 10-30)
spare linens....(Gets cold at times..)
Coffee pot...camp stove....extra burner stove....propane tanks...
pots, pans, paper plates and utinsels,and lots of food stuff as you never know how many are comin to dinner!
And always bring these items no matter what!!
Water...lots of it....
Electrolyte replacements...Gatoraid...Recharge.....Power-ade.
Toilette paper!!!!!!
Medicines....pain relievers....anti-inflammatories....sun screens and stomach aids for diarrhea/upset/nausea Bug Spray!! With Deet if you get some as we have pretty much...through sufferage proven that they work best with Deet.
Other meds such as Epi-pens if you have allergies...(FAZ!!) inhalers...etc. and let someone know you use them and their location should you be incapacitated!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 05/13/07 at 17:03:52
Quote Print Post  
Larry, you are a lifesaver !  I would have never thought to bring a thong  Roll Eyes

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/13/07 at 19:23:09
Quote Print Post  
save your thongs for banks lake.  sage brush and willow trees can be quite abrasive  Wink

troy

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #6 - 05/13/07 at 23:43:14
Quote Print Post  
It's OK Troy Wink....I have the Accessory kit with "Side Shield Technology" taken from the Depends Co. where their motto is...."It may be full, but no one will know it" Cool

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/14/07 at 00:25:17
Quote Print Post  
You also need a good vacuum if your fishing Potholes to suck all the twigs and spiders out of that boat of yours.

Russ

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/14/07 at 01:20:25
Quote Print Post  
Extra trailer bearings and grease, rags to wipe your hands off when changing your bearings, lots of water-2 Gallons should do it, SPF-30 or higher sunscreen, a good backseater for netting all your fish, Advil for the back for all the sore muscles you will get from yanking 4-5lbers out of the tree's, and yes a spare tire and some spare  Wink oil-Right Bob Payseno.

Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo