Normal Topic OFF THEY GO!! (Read 2624 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

OFF THEY GO!!
05/04/07 at 03:53:45
Quote Print Post  
The Jr. club members Nick Barr and Levi will be meeting up with Smitty and myself in maple Valley at 0430 Friday for the trek to Moses Lake.
These guys....as you all know have dedicated themselves to this and the trail to the championship starts here so send out some positive energy to the east and we will update everyone upon return on Sunday. Larry.

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Re: OFF THEY GO!!
Reply #1 - 05/04/07 at 16:39:19
Quote Print Post  
Good luck guy!  Go get'em.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/05/07 at 03:04:51
Quote Print Post  
Nick and Levi, good luck and hope you slayem big time.  Enjoy and rip some lips.....

Chuck P

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/07/07 at 04:19:24
Quote Print Post  
So how did it go?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 05/07/07 at 04:39:44
Quote Print Post  
It was a great event...10 boats and two divisions.....Nick was I believe sixth for 15-18 and and Levi was around 8th...their group was a runaway ...Nick i believe had 8-9 pounds....the 2nd place kid had 18+ pounds and get this...1st place...re-peat champ from "05 ..."Nania" is his last name...32+ pounds!!! looks like he is going to the championships again!! Grin
Also an 8.60 pound Largemouth was caught!!! got pics too!! will try to get them on here.
Overall....great job Kids!! Wink

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/07/07 at 15:04:08
Quote Print Post  
Nice job y'all... 8.6 lb. largemouth? WOW!

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #6 - 05/07/07 at 17:29:02
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the report Larry.  From the looks of it everyone had fun and it turned out to be a good experience for almost everyone but me.
Maybe next year...... maybe not. Smiley

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/07/07 at 18:54:12
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

You're a real man of mystery lately... Something happened at Silver Lake, something happened at Moses Lake... What's up? Are you saving up stories for an autobiography?  Roll Eyes

Chris

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #8 - 05/07/07 at 21:03:32
Quote Print Post  
What happend in Moses Lake does not need to be put on a public forum.
Suffice to say that mistakes were made that did not need to happen.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/08/07 at 04:13:18
Quote Print Post  
I had about 9 1/2 pounds, never fished the lake before and found some spots but nothing great. The smallies were spawning, but I could not find them in practice. I had some Largemouth to go to, I caught a 3 1/2 lb. Largemouth in the morning on SAT. and in that same area the kid caught that 8-6  after I left.

Pulled in there the next day and my partners first cast is a 3 1/2 Largie and I lost some smallies on Sun on a crank.

Nania's fish were all caught on beds, I hate to say it, but those E. WA Kids pre-fish the heck outta the lake and I cant wait to be able to drive to get over there myself the prior month to the tournament. They have not held one on the Westside in 4 years, never have they held one on the westside. That is my only real complaint. But overall it was a good time and I would like to sincerely thank our volunteer boaters Larry Sullivan and Smitty.

-Nick

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo