Normal Topic Backseater Reminder (Read 1865 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Backseater Reminder
04/30/07 at 19:03:37
Quote Print Post  
To All Back Seaters,

Although this topic has come up in the past and will most likely come up again I thought I would reitterate not only the etiquette but the responsibilities of a non-boater.

First and foremost the boater takes great pains in making payments on his rig, washing/waxing, maintaining both his boat and trailer and fueling his vessel, as well as spending countless hours on the water getting to know the lakes we fish in Washington.

As a responsible non-boater you should be honored and greatful to do the following:

A) Pay for atleast half of the boaters gas/oil for each days use.
B) Help him wipe the boat down after he exits the water.
C) Help him or her load and unload the boat.
D) Offer to help run the boat.
E) Clean up after yourself-If you spill blood on his seats, soda, etc.

These are just some of the responsibilities that you as a non-boater should partake in if you want and appreciate being in a backseat.

And just another word of advice if Item 1 is not taken care of you could be either left to walk home or stranded on a dune.

As a sticker I read somewhere quotes, " This boat does not run on Thanks" , Make darn sure that you take care of your boater and you will allways find a ride.

Russ

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Re: Backseater Reminder
Reply #1 - 04/30/07 at 19:15:16
Quote Print Post  
Hey Russ, what is idem 1? I only see A thru D... Huh j/k

Carlos

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 04/30/07 at 19:15:32
Quote Print Post  
Thank you so much Russ for posting this.  I'm glad someone had the kahoones to.  I would like to just say that Item A is the most important for sure  Wink Roll Eyes
Saying thanks for the boat ride doesn't always cut it.  Had a great time at Silver  Grin
« Last Edit: 05/01/07 at 18:36:12 by Chris B. »  

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/01/07 at 01:45:08
Quote Print Post  
I agree wholeheartedly.  The owners may not always take the money offered, it's a individual choice, but at least offer and by all means help em out.  If anyone paid attention at the Silver Lake tourney we just finished. boaters and non boaters alike were lauching and picking up boats and it worked pretty smooth.  My hats off to all of those that helped out.  If you don't know how to do something ask, and I'm sure most boaters will be glad to show you how, except backing the vehicle during tournament time.  It's pretty easy, you can get rusty if you don't do it often, but practice makes perfect.

good list Russ................

Chuck

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/01/07 at 13:59:08
Quote Print Post  
As a boater, I whole heartedly agree.  If you are a non-boater and would like to get invited out to fun fish, tourney fish, have the opportunity learn new area's and water, or be a back seater during a tourney, how you treat your boater will have a direct impact on weather you get invited out again.  It doens't take long to develope a good or bad reputation.  If you get a bad rap, it's because most likely you earned it.  I personally enjoy having backseaters and have always had backseat partners thru my years as a member of Western Bass.  I never have a problem finding someone who would like to fish out of the back of my boat.  As a boater I feel it's my responsibility to,

A.  Have a boat that is in good mechanical condition
B.  That I operate safely and in a manner that doesn't destroy my partners gear.
C.  Have enough gas and oil to get us there and back again
D.  Have my partner feel comfortable to fish anywhere on the boat.  "Please come up to my front deck if we are pitching and flipping".
E.  Talk with my partner thru out the day and explain what I am doing and why I am doing it in trying to catch fish.  Also, taking input from my partner and working with him or her on our next area's or techniques we might try.
F.  Making sure I am where I say I will be, and being there on time for my partner.  I hate to wait on others.  It's the golden rule, "treat others how you would like to be treated."

All in all we have great members.  Boaters and non boaters alike.  Its a pleasure and honor to be a members of this great club.  Lets all remember to keep it this way.

Mark
« Last Edit: 05/01/07 at 17:17:45 by »  

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #5 - 05/01/07 at 16:24:26
Quote Print Post  
Gang,
  Both Alex and Chuck offered up this weekend to help out with costs and I appreciate it.  They also were very conscience of the care of my boat, truck and gear.  I had a GREAT weekend, enjoyed the company on the water and appreciated the help come net time.  To Chucks point, offering up is the best way to get another ride but don't be offended if the great company is payment enough.  Chuck and Alex, you guys are welcome in the back of my boat anytime.  Thanks for the memmories! Smiley

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/01/07 at 17:17:57
Quote Print Post  
Carlos, I really appreciate you promising to make that first boat payment for me, that will ease the monthly expenditures.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/01/07 at 17:57:44
Quote Print Post  
this is all great stuff. i've never been involved in a draw tourney before.  with that said my non-boater offered and i appriciate it. i have yet to fish with someone in this club that i would not take out again.

troy

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #8 - 04/14/08 at 19:46:39
Quote Print Post  
Bump

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo