Normal Topic Lake Washington - April 29th (Read 1528 times)
sarge
Ex Member

Lake Washington - April 29th
04/30/07 at 04:29:45
Quote Print Post  
Hi all,

Since I wasn't able to make the tourney this weekend, I tried to salvage a little fishing time and hit Lake Washington from 1-5:30pm today. I decided to go for largemouth only, and it went pretty well considering the short hours. Lost two, landed two, with the big fish being a beautiful 5-13. Man, it was sweet to lip that fish. So far, that is my biggest fish of the year. The other fish caught was around 2, and I lost one around 4.

Water temps 55-58. I saw three beds, but no fish on them. All of the fish I caught were near lily pads and in 1-3 feet of water. Brushhog was the bait of choice (imagine that). They are up shallow and staying shallow. Keep a sharp eye out for beds next time you hit the lake.

Chris

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: Lake Washington - April 29th
Reply #1 - 04/30/07 at 15:05:19
Quote Print Post  
Great job Sarge.  I keep on telling myself to look target LM, but it's hard to get away from the smallies in there.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/30/07 at 15:18:09
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, Says. I hear you on the smallmouth, but I just like fishing for largemouth better. I love pitching a brushhog into a bush. The last three years I think people have really been starting to pick up on the good largemouth fishing in the lake, but you should still give it a try. If you haven't yet, just scout out areas that look like they will hold largemouth (ya know, shallow and weedy). They're probably in there. Sounds stupid, but it is usually that simple because so many people fish for smallmouth.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #3 - 04/30/07 at 17:20:45
Quote Print Post  
I just need to leave my spinning rods at home. Grin

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo