Normal Topic Lake Mead Arizona (Read 1066 times)
Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Lake Mead Arizona
03/28/07 at 01:34:00
Quote Print Post  
I was on Lake Mead in Arizona on 3/12/07. A beautiful day of 86 degrees. I managed to squeak out 2 decent fish. The local that I got to take me out that day caught nothing. He had said that I should be pretty proud of those two fish. Had I been there a week and a half sooner I would have cashed in the FLW event that was held there. I was suprised that the water was only 60 degress in the morning. By the afternoon the surface had warmed to 65. I caught my fish both on a green and white dual willow blade spinnerbait in about 3 feet of water. I thought Lake Chelan was clear. In Mead you can clearly see the bottom in 60+ feet of water once the sun gets high in the sky. It was like looking through a sheet of glass. I had a blast and my thanks go out to Brandan Jardine from Pro Tackle in Henderson Neveda. He took the time out of his Monday to take me out in his boat let me use his gear and get me fishing. If you are ever down there they have an excellent tackle shop. They have things in there that we only dream about up here and many things that I had never seen before. If you are planning a trip that way the number there is 702-382-7400. I can assure you they will take care of you there. I had a blast and would like to get down there again when I have more than 4 or 5 hours to spend on the water.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Lake Mead Arizona
Reply #1 - 03/28/07 at 02:33:44
Quote Print Post  
Nice Job!! good to see the Washingtonians can get it done in Sin City!! Wink

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 03/29/07 at 04:54:42
Quote Print Post  
Too cool, man.  It's a rush to go to a brand new lake and catch 'em on the first try.  Nice work!

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/29/07 at 15:39:23
Quote Print Post  
Nice job Mark,
  I always loved fishing Lake Mead, and yeah your right.  Lake Chelan has nothing on Mead for clarity.  Seeing fish in 50 to 60ft of water is so fun.  Nothing like sight fishing a school of stripers in 40ft and picking out your fish.

Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo