Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lets get it rolling WBC (Read 7579 times)
Chad S.
Ex Member

Re: Lets get it rolling WBC
Reply #15 - 03/25/07 at 03:01:23
Quote Print Post  
Heres the ABA Washington report
22boats
average fish per team 1.5
winning weight 20+ "only limit"
2nd place 10+ "larry williams and smitty"
3rd-7th place had between 7.5-8.5lbs
it rained, and then rained some more, and rained some more after that, and blew a little too

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #16 - 03/25/07 at 03:09:08
Quote Print Post  
It was a tough day for sure.  I pre-fished for 2 weekends with nothing, and finally got a good bite today, and I got my money fish  Wink  My fish was 5 lbs 9.5 oz, I missed big fish by that much  :'  Still had a fun day.  I fished with a co-worker if anyone is wondering, and he didn't catch any.  
Nick was right, It was rainy and windy ALL day long.  The last hour of the day had the heaviest rain.  
I didn't get a close up look at the Legend Nick, but it looks great  Smiley  Hope they get the issues figured out.http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/Powerworm17/Silverlakemoney2.jpgt=1174792...

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #17 - 03/25/07 at 03:30:46
Quote Print Post  
Larry and Stu, good job  !!!!!  Cha Ching.  Hey Larry, mine came on a BOOYAH  Tongue

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 03/25/07 at 03:35:12
Quote Print Post  
yeah, Its a Mercury, they make a great motor, but the occasional fuel pump does give out.

As for the Legend, those waves were no match for this vessel, I was going to give some test drives in the wind, but that kinda went down hill during the last 30 min. of the day.

-Nick

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 03/25/07 at 03:36:21
Quote Print Post  
Congratulations to Chris B! What a sweet fish for a third place finish on a TOUGH day of fishing.

Silver Lake paid me back for a couple of the fish I think it owes to me. For those of you who said we would be fishing for 2 or 3 bites today, you were right. Larry and I had 2 bites for two fish. One about 2.5 lbs and one about 2 for a total weight of 4 lbd 9 oz (or is it 4.9 lbs?). We don't care which. We took 5th and made our tourney fees back.

The weather sucked - but we knew it would. We worked our butts off for what we got.

The raffle was a success, too. I took home a half gallon of Yamalube, $25 cash, a pair of binoculars, and $60 reel. Larry won a cooler, $50 cash and a couple of other things.

Thank you, Larry for a great tourney experience.

On the ABA front. Congratulations to Smitty on his 2nd place finish and to Mark and Carlos, who finished 7th today on Washington!

Stu

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 03/25/07 at 03:51:43
Quote Print Post  
well after a good 8 hours in the rain today pulling carts. I'mm excited to crush the fish out in silver in three weekends. I'm feeling really anxious to get out there and finally find my rythum again or actually find it this year. Last year wasn't a very good year for me. I'm do to really put a smackin on them this year. Good job to all who made it through the weather. Well I'm back in it tommorow. Should be another fun day. Good luck to the guys who are fishing the second day of the ABA on Washington.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 03/25/07 at 04:04:25
Quote Print Post  
Man was I on the money on this guessed 7-8 boats would catch fish and rest would blank thats Silver in March for you. Great job to those who cashed a check. No limits doesn't surprise me either. Good weight of 14lbs-15lbs + (guessed that right as well) that won it. Glad to see some clubbers give it a try even though weather pattern is same as last ten years.

Glad I stayed home and did chores and stopped by to see Carlos/Maderos and Smitty weigh fish.

How did  Jarrel/Hanksinson team do????

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #22 - 03/25/07 at 04:26:13
Quote Print Post  
A great experience had even though it was rough conditions...the rain was very warm and surprisingly the water temps rose two degrees from start!
Got a chance to challenge the bilge pumps!! once had them run strait for 14 minutes! and I turned them on 10-12 times!
Good to see Stu with some scar tissue on his thumb as one of his fish was bearing teeth! Angry
Have to thank Capitol City Bass Club for another great event and a fantastic raffle as they had $450.00 in cash-gift cards plus loads of stuff...If you missed it..........YOU MISSED IT!! Grin
Thanks again Stu and you are welcome aboard anytime! Cheesy

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #23 - 03/25/07 at 04:38:58
Quote Print Post  
Awesome showing, guys. Congrats!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #24 - 03/25/07 at 04:41:05
Quote Print Post  
That water wasn't that rough, but I'd like to ride in it anytime Nick.  Tough luck man, it will get fixed.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 03/25/07 at 04:57:42
Quote Print Post  
Good for the guys who caught fish.  Sorry to hear Nick you had a hard time and the boat malfunctioned?  That really sucks.  Better luck next time.  Way to go for the money guys...Hopefully Nick, the boat didn't get too far so the swim......

Chuck

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 03/25/07 at 05:11:41
Quote Print Post  
We ran to the south end at about an hour left until weigh-in, it started to really blow in the south. The swim wasnt bad, more or less a long walk into the lake, was still in luanch area, actually, now that I think about it, it would have been better, just to let it float into shore, oh well.

The problem can be fixed, a trip to Tacoma and I will be up and going by next week hopefully.  Its all good.

At first I though I really screwed something up, like no oil, or somethin major. Probably just a gas problem.
Started and then putted and coughed and sputtered, tried to get on plane and cut out, cough, dead. (Common Mercury Fuel pump problem)
Hey stuff happens!!!! I did learn to make sure and pack extra clothes for those extra wet days.

GOOD JOB TO SMITTY AND LARRY WILLIAMS, along with  MARK AND CARLOS on the ABA

I wanted to say thank you to Larry Sullivan and Doug Booth along with Stu for making sure I got in OK, they were a big help and thanks to Larry for the shirt from the raffle.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 03/25/07 at 05:54:06
Quote Print Post  
I thought things were gonna be better after I caught my first fish in the first 10 mins, 2.5 lbs.  Except for a monster that took my spinnerbait and wrapped it in the pads that was it.  It was the biggest fish I have ever hooked and seen.  Oh well...

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 03/25/07 at 16:02:47
Quote Print Post  
Doug,

That Carp had to be huge. Grin Roll Eyes

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #29 - 03/25/07 at 16:06:09
Quote Print Post  
Hey Russ.....do'nt you some HOUSEWORK to do?

Wink Grin Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo