Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Polarized Glasses Opinion (Read 4307 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Polarized Glasses Opinion
03/19/07 at 01:18:56
Quote Print Post  
Looking for new set of polarized glasses. Any recommendations? Have been looking at Solar Bats but would like to try some on and can't find local dealer?

Have Hobies now which work great but looking for 2nd set for different light conditions.

Russ

IP Logged

Gonzos Daddy
Ex Member

Re: Polarized Glasses Opinion
Reply #1 - 03/19/07 at 01:54:02
Quote Print Post  
Hi Russ, I have a pair of Revo's that I really like, comfortable to wear, helps see through water etc. My only complaint is that I prefer sunglasses that have fairly large lenses in order to help protect from the wind when traveling at higher speeds. I have not found Revo's that meet this criteria. If that's not a concern, give them a try, there are local dealers.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 03/19/07 at 02:09:01
Quote Print Post  
I bought a set of Cocoons to try out.  I wanted to support Ike and big Ish.  I like them so far, but they don't fit all that great.  I'll live with it.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/19/07 at 02:42:13
Quote Print Post  
Smith Optics Fishbones are what I use. They are really light nd block out alot of light around the edges

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #4 - 03/19/07 at 15:56:09
Quote Print Post  
I have a set of Smith Threshold with interchangable lenses.  Great fit for me, light weight and looks good.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/19/07 at 16:17:13
Quote Print Post  
Russ, Cool Wally World has em all for less than 15 bucks. Cool

CoolCarlos Cool

IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/19/07 at 23:03:30
Quote Print Post  
Solar Bats all the way Wink

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/19/07 at 23:23:33
Quote Print Post  
I too am looking for prescription polarized sunglassess that may have exchangeable lenses so I can obtain two different colors....Any ideas?

Chuck

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #8 - 03/20/07 at 00:04:56
Quote Print Post  
I use Oakleys, but I have always had a pair of Oakleys from my days of ball. Stay on your melon great.

Misunderstood

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/20/07 at 01:58:04
Quote Print Post  
I got a pair of Bolle about 5 yrs ago and have gotten use to them.  I like them quite a bit, but also want to purchase a pair just for fishing.  I wish stores allowed you to take them out on the water to test them.  Committing the amount of $$ for some of these glasses, when you are not sure about knowing how well they cut glare makes me feel uneasy.

Jon

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/20/07 at 02:25:50
Quote Print Post  
Other than Bass Pro Shops, does anyone know if their is a Solar Bat dealer in town where I can try these on?
Russ

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/20/07 at 03:45:25
Quote Print Post  
Russ,  Try Cabela's in Lacey if they are open.  They are a Solar Bat distributor but not sure what they have in stock.

CP

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #12 - 03/20/07 at 03:51:50
Quote Print Post  
I have had hobies, solar bats and smiths and all of them have been great (different color lens) but if your willing to commit some $$ I'd probably go with the smiths. I have some friends who due to circumstances had to use there lifetime gar. and had no problems getting them exchanged. I have heard good things about H2O glasses, but haven't had the opportunity to try any on. In my mind if it's a proven brand and fits you well, go for it. Cool

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Costa Del Mar's
Reply #13 - 03/20/07 at 13:47:18
Quote Print Post  
I have my Costa Del Mar bi-focal prescription sunglasses custom made by an optician, C-Sports,  in St. Louis.  The Eliminator model which I currently wear,  Smileyfits like a glove and lets in no wind at high speed, or side light that causes glare, and the vermilion lens color is fantastic in bright as well as hazy light conditions.   The color allows for very defined contrast between colors under water.  I got the tip  Smileyon the lens color years ago from a pretty well known sight fisherman on the BASS circuit.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #14 - 03/20/07 at 17:59:28
Quote Print Post  
Russ

Go to Big 5 Sports, they have a lot of name brand sunglasses. They sell for all sports (skiing, hunting, fishing, back packing).

Daryl

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo