Normal Topic Battery Charger Question (Read 2052 times)
Gonzos Daddy
Ex Member

Battery Charger Question
03/18/07 at 22:21:08
Quote Print Post  
My 3 bank battery charger up on my Triton went belly up and I need info on replacing it! With all the different options concerning amps, volts etc. Which one will suit my needs best?

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Re: Battery Charger Question
Reply #1 - 03/18/07 at 23:37:08
Quote Print Post  
For those who might wonder who the heck this Gonzo's Daddy's real name is...it's Rick Gagliardi-  Sorry Ricky...I had to expose ya!  Rick's been very busy breeding his German shorthairs and prepping them for professional hunting competitions which has unfortunately cut in to a lot of his fishing time. I know a lot of you guys remember Rick because he was that guy who pulled up to the campground in a large pimped out motorhome towing a bright blue Triton...how could you miss him-  I certainly enjoyed those good o'l days Rick.

I'm sure someone should know the answer to your question Rick since we have discussed this subject  sometime before on this forum...Smitty, Ron Hankinson, Glenn, Pat S. or any of you other techie guys, do you have any ideas for Rick?

Bob

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 03/19/07 at 01:21:40
Quote Print Post  
Thats funny....the last memory I have of Rick is when I tried to jump start his Tritoon back in the Lind Coulee!!! Wink
I would call Nixons and ask them what the standard they rig the boats with as they come in...quaranteed then it will be compatible.
My .02c

IP Logged

Gonzos Daddy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/19/07 at 01:34:19
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Bob! Somehow I feel a story about 3 men fishing in a boat coming back in my memory. It deals with treble hooks sticking in places where they should not go!!!!!!! Use the rusty knife dang burn it!

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/19/07 at 02:59:41
Quote Print Post  
i would think a 3bank 15 amp would be sufficient.  with 5 amps per bank.  should be able to fully charge your batteries overnight.  i have a 2 bank 10 amp and it works good.

troy

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #5 - 03/19/07 at 13:32:32
Quote Print Post  
Auburn Sports & Marine had 2 & 3 bank Minnkota chargers at 10 amps per bank, on sale two weeks ago.  I think they still are.  I picked up a 3 bank, Model 330, for just over $200.00.  Add a $35.00 rebate to that and it was quite a bargain.
I like the Kotas because they are a 3 stage charger which really brings your batteries up to a complete charge, rather than about 90% like most chargers.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/25/07 at 00:36:54
Quote Print Post  
What brand is the dead charger? My "Dual Pro" died a few years ago, during the winter. I called the manufacturer and got an upgraded unit (15 amps per bank, perfect for my favorite batteries...Delco Voyagers) for a screamin' deal. They offered me several options....very nice folks to deal with. C&R, Steve

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/25/07 at 04:09:50
Quote Print Post  
Steve,

My old Procraft had the Dual Pro Charger replaced for free.

Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo