Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver 14th Event (Read 9196 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Re: Silver 14th Event
Reply #30 - 04/16/07 at 16:20:57
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Transducer which I believe is the puck on the bottom of the trolling motor  Cryand my motor toter. Toter fixed easily and transducer I'm aggie engineering, and hopefully will have fixed before the open. I hit something pretty hard at Silver while fishing a beaver hut.

Russ

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #31 - 04/16/07 at 16:31:16
Quote Print Post  
Well the event at Silver Lake turned out better on a couple of issues than Phil & I expected.  The main issue was the weather, which despite the predictions of rain, turned out to be not too bad at all.  Smiley
It was nice to fish with an old ABA "T" partner and Phil summed it all up in his report. Smiley  While we didn't get rich on our winnings, we did cover our expenses with our 8+ pounds, so that made it nice on a day of difficult fishing. Smiley  The complete results will be posted on the Mt. St. Helen's Club website sometime on Monday.  You can see how the other club folks who fished it did at that time, as we didn't see anyone from the club at the awards ceremony.  Thats too bad, because there were quite a few nice raffle prizes which surprised me!  Smiley Phil managed to win a decent tackle pack while I blanked.  Oh well. Undecided
What made the "T" difficult was the fish we both located on separate trips pre-fishing the week before, were nowhere to be found!  The fact that the surface water temp dropped 9* might have had something to do with it.  I doubt that anyone who fished this "T" will have very much of an advantage when the club rolls in for our 1st "T" in a couple of weeks. Shocked

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 04/16/07 at 16:55:33
Quote Print Post  
Nice job, Philio and Smittens!  Cool

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 04/16/07 at 17:08:01
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

Atleast you guys figured it out.  SmileyI can tell you between Bob,
Carlos,Nick and myself we couldn't figure it out to save our bacon. I found two toads on friday's practice but they disappeared on T-Day. We threw everything and the kitchen sink and still got blanked. We fished countless beaver huts,docks,rocks,red bushes,wood, and pads with only a dink for our efforts.

That lake has humbled me and I am stumped as to why it has become so tough.

Good job on a strong finish. You whooped our butts Embarrassed Embarrassed Cry Cry

Russ

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 04/16/07 at 22:02:21
Quote Print Post  
I concur Russ...we got a good o'l fashion beat down!   Smitty and Phil showed their angling prowess and versatility by cashing a check....great job guys! 

I stayed as long as I could possibly stay once the tournament ended- I stayed for the weigh-in, but needed to leave due to my ailing back and serious sinus infection...I hope Phil and Smitty will forgive me. 

Bob

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #35 - 04/16/07 at 22:52:02
Quote Print Post  
Don't be worrying bout any forgiveness Bob.  We were just puzzled as to why everyone left, given all the hoopla that was raised at the last open when folks left early due to having soaked kids with a cold etc.  

The check they gave us will still deposit and clear all right, even if you guys didn't get to drool over it. Smiley

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #36 - 04/16/07 at 23:01:33
Quote Print Post  
That was a real strong finish.  Glad you guys got a Check.  Silver can be tough, I used to hate the lake, but not anymore.  That lake can keep my attention all day knowing a strike from an 8lber can be coming any moment.  That is unless I get super stressed like day 2 last year, right Carlos. Tongue  I can't wait til our T.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #37 - 04/17/07 at 01:48:59
Quote Print Post  
Hey Ex-Prez,

I don't really know how the others did, they left before the weighin was complete. Cool

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 04/17/07 at 02:06:35
Quote Print Post  
Well, Joel (club newbie) stayed through the weigh-in and raffle.  He won a deep cycle battery.  He said that they ended up with a little over 6 lbs and lost a couple.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 04/17/07 at 03:15:47
Quote Print Post  
Congrats to those who caught fish, collected money and prizes and to those who had breaks, hope ya get em fixed before this upcoming weekend.  Seems like it was a very tough bite for all..

Chuck P

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 04/17/07 at 03:22:15
Quote Print Post  
Phil,

We stayed for the weigh in as well, just not the raffle.

Russ

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #41 - 04/17/07 at 23:33:34
Quote Print Post  
I know it's kind of a late report but my friend Kegan and I caught three fish (one was a half inch short Sad) for 6.22lbs which would put us in about 9th since 8th had only 6.24lbs.  Another .02lbs and we would have took 8th for the second consecutive year Angry.  But the fishing so far this year has been really inconsistent on Silver and Russ is right, it's becoming very hard lately.  We had the chance to probably place if we would have capitalized on all of our bites, but we had some mishaps in the morning that cost us.  Although we probably wouldn't have been anywhere near the 15+ lbs. that won it.  The fish have just been weird lately probably because of the weather, they aren't in the same spots from week to week just like Smitty and Russ have been saying, thats why I tried to warn Carlos and Nick to take the "humble" path in the pre-tourney smack talk but what are you going to do Grin?  Congrats to Smitty and Phil, you guys must have figured out something late in the game, because you were sitting on a big goose egg when we talked to you?  Anyone need a deep cycle battery?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo