Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Lake Meridian (Read 4600 times)
Lucky_13
Ex Member

Lake Meridian
03/07/07 at 20:00:10
Quote Print Post  
Tried to put in on Lake Meridian on Tuesday, 3/7.  The gates were closed to all access points of the park boat ramp.  The smaller, more primitive, State (?) ramp was open, but due to the water level, and the slight grade of the ramp at this high level, I'd had to back the truck and tailer so far into the water that I figured it wasn't worth it.  I might have been able to get 'er done, but it wouldn't have been pretty.
dg

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Lake Meridian
Reply #1 - 03/07/07 at 20:04:15
Quote Print Post  
Hmmm thats odd.  What time did you get there ?

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/07/07 at 21:38:37
Quote Print Post  
That is why or one reason why I would fish Morton or Sawyer instead.

Carlos

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 03/08/07 at 04:52:22
Quote Print Post  
If it was late afternoon, then I saw you there.  So that's the fool, er, um, diehard that was trying to launch.  Roll Eyes 

Actually, I was really Jonesin' to get out, so when I saw you I was like, "Oh man! That guy has the right idea!"

Hey how hard is it get a big boat in there? I understand there's 2 ramps?  Is the other one better suited for bigger boats?

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/08/07 at 04:55:36
Quote Print Post  
Glen,

Both ramps are not very good. The one that was closed has very to little concrete pad and the other one is just gravel. Both ramps make you back so far in you almost have to wade out if you are by yourself.

Russ

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 03/08/07 at 05:55:16
Quote Print Post  
You are right Russ.  My lowered truck almost floated away when I launched my boat in there twice last year.  Its a shallow launch and the concrete planks are breaking more everyday.  The gravel launch is great for hand carried boats though.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Matt H
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/08/07 at 07:01:44
Quote Print Post  
Carlos, do you take your bass boat out on Morton.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #7 - 03/08/07 at 12:46:28
Quote Print Post  
I have gone to Morton quite q bit as has Russ and in the spring there is several 5+ largemouth in there to strain a rod or two.....as for Meridian.......naw...will skip it.....
WATERSKIERS IN A BATHTUB!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/08/07 at 15:02:53
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

When I first moved here from Atlanta I hit Meridian and was shocked the state allowed skiers to run on such a liitle lake. You are quite right a bathtub should not be skied in. Way to dangerous and the moron that allowed this should have his head examined.

For the bass guys though- two years ago I hit it first of May and caught probably 30 smallies over 3-5 lbs on every dock along the south shoreline skipping Senkbo's my favorite for that lake.

Also there is one particular dock that has a fish over 9lbs on it. See if you can catch her, she is probably about 10 this year.

Russ

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/08/07 at 15:05:42
Quote Print Post  
Larry siad there is fish in Morton-forget Morton there is no fish in there, Roll Eyes Lips Sealed, well Thanks Larry.

Actually Morton is a great spring time lake. Weighed a guys 9-2 there about 4 years ago and he let it go.

Russ

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #10 - 03/08/07 at 15:37:46
Quote Print Post  
Jeez, give all the hot information to everyone  Tongue  How is skiing on Meridian with a speed limit anymore bad than Tanwax with no speed limit.  Done 63 on Tanwax and its the same size lake Embarrassed

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/08/07 at 16:39:39
Quote Print Post  
Matt H,

I don't personally have a Bass boat, but yes you can take your bass boat out on Morton. We've had Fish-ins on Morton before.

Carlos

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/08/07 at 17:16:50
Quote Print Post  
Carlos,

We don't want fish-ins on Morton. Why because that is where my toad of the year is going to come out of. He,he.
Russ

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #13 - 03/09/07 at 04:16:09
Quote Print Post  
Fished Meridian for the first time last year and nailed a 5 and 6lber on one trip and a 2lb sm on another and had a 5lb+ LM chase my lure.  It was funny...the fish were all caught when the water skiiers where out.  This is in the dog days of summer too.  Can't wait to try it during prespawn.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Matt H
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 03/09/07 at 07:00:36
Quote Print Post  
One of the biggest largies that i have ever landed came out of morton (prespawn) . one year i poked around there with a snorkel and mask. wow.
Do any of you guys fish the lakes that are electric only there is one in particular that i think could be one of the best kept secrets in washington. if you have been you know. does anyone know the rules for those lakes can you trim up the motor and just keep it off one time i saw a guy with a plastic bag over his O/B does that fly?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo