Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver Lake Draw Tourney  - April 28 and 29 (Read 18511 times)
WCCT
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake Draw Tourney  - April 28 and
Reply #30 - 04/07/07 at 15:33:42
Quote Print Post  
I was wondering when the deadline is for this tournament.  I was unable to attend the last meeting, so I am not sure how the tournament sign up happens with WBC.  I know I need to have a copy of my insurance.  Do I need to give a copy to someone before, or can I bring it to Silver.  Also does anyone know if they have any places left down there to stay.  I was also wondering how the boater/ not boater turnout is looking.  I can bring my boat, or go as a non boater, it really doesn't matter to me, which ever is needed. 
Thanks.
D.J.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Silver Lake Draw Tourney  - April 28 and 29
Reply #31 - 04/07/07 at 15:49:18
Quote Print Post  
D.J., There should still be sites there and I believe Chuck Pigue is still looking for someone to share a cabin with if there are no campsites.....see rest of this thread...as for the ratio of Boaters and Non-boaters....lets hear it folks....how about a list of those going to Silver....I will be in space 13...Boater.
You can bring you insurance there and Jim usually gets there Fri afternoon-evening or one of us can help him with sign-ups early.
See ya there!! Wink

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #32 - 04/07/07 at 22:29:24
Quote Print Post  
Also...as to a deadline...the lake is off-limits the sunday prior at mid-nite...no one may fish the lake after that time till the tournament on Saturday morning. Grin

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #33 - 04/07/07 at 22:44:16
Quote Print Post  
I am also thinking we should make a list as to who is going to attend.  Boaters and non-boaters.  I am getting my girlfriend into fishing, and I may try to set something up so we can fish together, if we are seeing more boaters than non.  Kind of like a daryl/wife, and Joel/gf situation.  But only if there is more boaters. 

I will be there for sure, boater..

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 04/08/07 at 01:03:12
Quote Print Post  
I'll be attending as a non boater, and I'll be in RV Space 11 in my TENT.........with power so if anyone needs additional power, see me there...Thanks Larry but since no one replied early enough, I went for a space up top

Chuck P

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 04/08/07 at 02:52:54
Quote Print Post  
I will be there as a boater. Space 12. I expect to be there early in the afternoon that Friday.

You can sign up for the tourney until the driver's meeting where we draw numbers for backseaters Saturday AM. Bring a copy of your insurance policy to give to Jim. You can also sign up at the April General Meeting on the 19th.

I also want to throw out my vote that we go to Pizza Pete's again for dinner. That pizza and beer was soooooooooo gooooooooood when we went there last year. (Silver Lake Resort doesn't have a room or shelter for us to use for a potluck.)

To address Ron's post. I tried to get into that dock last year, but between the wind and my inability to get my aircraft carrier in there without playing bumpercars with the docks (with the owner standing there watching), I had to pass.

I caught a fish in the Silver Lake Open just the way Ron described. I intend to bore the heck out of my backseaters at the tourney by fishing S-L-O-W, and hopefully we'll get a couple of nice sacks for our efforts.

Stu

« Last Edit: 04/08/07 at 07:07:03 by »  

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 04/08/07 at 15:32:37
Quote Print Post  
i'll be there with my boat and am bringing mike he will be a non-boater. 

troy

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #37 - 04/08/07 at 17:10:34
Quote Print Post  
Stu it's Papa Petes not Pizza Petes.  And I'll be there as a boater but I'm bringing my girlfriend as a backseater.

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 04/08/07 at 19:20:13
Quote Print Post  
WARNING! The backseater issue for this tourney is escalating quickly.

This is not the right tournament to bring a set partner!  It would be a much better choice to bring that person to another tourney where we do not draw for partners - and/or to the Jack and Jill.

This tourney is a draw tournament to ensure that new members get a chance to fish a tourney and to meet and fish with other members. That is the #1 priority for the club and you can count on it being enforced.

If you bring your significant other and plan to fish this tournament with her no matter what, you are setting yourself up for hard feelings, because I assure you that Jim and the rest of the club will require you to draw for backseaters unless boaters outnumber nonboaters by a huge margin.

It would be a shame to come all the way to the tourney and then find out that you have to either go home or just fun-fish instead of being included in the tourney because you don't want to draw a partner each day. This issue has caused hard feelings at the Draw Tourney in past years.

Why did I say above that I thought it was OK for Daryl? Because every once in awhile an exception is made when there is maybe one person who brings it up.

We may not be able to support any of the members who want to bring a set backseater. It is very likely going to cause problems if we don't deal with it before the tourney.

If this makes you mad or you think it is unfair, take some time and think about it before you post a response. The club is not saying we don't support you guys getting your girlfrends or wives into fishing our tourneys. This is just not the right tourney do it.

I went through this same process with my wife last year. I really wanted to bring her to Silver Lake because it is close to home and we thought babysitter coverage would work out, but we decided that if she went, we were ready for her not to be able to fish unless there was a really special circumstance and everyone was OK with it. We knew the odds were not good that she would get to fish, so she was going to hang out in the camper for some peace and quiet.

This is the best I can do to let you know the facts.

(and Papa Pete's is awesome!)

Stu

« Last Edit: 04/09/07 at 03:17:48 by »  

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #39 - 04/09/07 at 01:40:39
Quote Print Post  
I thought it might work out if we made a list, but we all know that list ain't gonna happen here.  I'm coming as a boater !  Wink

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #40 - 04/09/07 at 04:05:22
Quote Print Post  
Stu,  
The thing is that my girlfriend has payed her annual dues just like everyone else and they were paid seperate for mine so she is not under my membership like other significant others.  She is also a new member and I wanted her to feel comfortable at her first tourney and it's not going to happen in someone elses boat.  It's also likely that we cant fish the jack and jill because we have to work as summer help for local mills all summer because we're both starting school at the U this fall.  I also had someone check with Jim to see if it was going to be a problem, and I was told that I could get an exemption.  So If we are going to put her in the draw like everyone else thats fine, but shes still going to be there as a non-boater so it's not going to affect the numbers.  I thought I was being considerate to the club because she has only been fishing with me once, and that is her only bass fishing trip ever.  So if all that doesn't fit under an exception I dont know what does.  But I guess if it's a huge problem then she can wreck someone else's chances at Hankinsons tittle, because it's starting to loom over me this year.....Sorry Carlos but I'm not just handing it over! Wink

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 04/09/07 at 04:16:18
Quote Print Post  
Joel,

As Tournament Director, Jim's decision is the final word. However, I want everyone to know the background and issues involved in trying to bring a set backseater to the draw tourney and what to expect. Exemptions have been rare in the past. If we have several people who show up expecting an exemption and one or more of those people don't get it, it is very likely that someone is going to get his or her feelings hurt. Please make sure the OK from Jim is rock solid before you go to the tourney.

Thanks,
Stu

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 04/09/07 at 16:11:56
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there Non-Boater...

Carlos

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 04/09/07 at 23:11:11
Quote Print Post  
This issue was address at the last board meeting.  Not to speak for Jim, but I believe he has made a decision on this.   If there are any questions Jim will be the one to answer them for everyone.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 04/12/07 at 18:47:59
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there in the NEW boat.  I have no back seater so bring on the draw and a different partner each day for me. 

Mark

Chuck, do you have some room for me and Carlos to shack up with you in your camping spot.  I can bring my big tent if we need it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo