Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver Lake Draw Tourney  - April 28 and 29 (Read 18447 times)
Daryl
Forum Member

Re: Silver Lake Draw Tourney  - April 28 and 29
Reply #15 - 04/02/07 at 19:01:24
Quote Print Post  
Phil

For some reason my wife wants to take the Pistol? Could it be the comments from last year or could it be she wants to kill some batteries? I just don't know!

Daryl

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #16 - 04/03/07 at 14:23:12
Quote Print Post  
Carlos,
  That title may just be easier to get than you think!  Knowing how much fun that lake is for me this tournament, it saddens me to say that I seriously doubt I'm joining you guys this year.  My late April/ early May is booked solid and a trip to California may just take place the weekend of the WBC Silver Lake Open!!!!!!!!  There you go Carlos, it's ALL yours!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 04/03/07 at 16:05:30
Quote Print Post  
Carlos,

Nows your chance. The Ron "Dominator on Silver" Hankinson is not going to make it. Now all you have to worry about is Daryl and the rest of the gang.

Russ

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 04/03/07 at 21:03:31
Quote Print Post  
Ron, I'm sorry to hear you might not make it. It won't be the same without you. I was actually hoping to draw you so I could learn more about the lake and how you fish.

Carlos

It's all in good fun right?
« Last Edit: 04/03/07 at 23:22:27 by »  

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #19 - 04/03/07 at 21:57:59
Quote Print Post  
Carlos,
You must be choking on your own words. Roll Eyes  You are the epitome of a bottom feeder and will do nearly anything to get your mug plastered on this screen.  It doesn't matter if Ron is here or not, I can count on seeing your smiling, dare I say gloating smiling, face taking up the entire screen with a large fish in hand.  Smiley
I think you derive supreme enjoyment by humbling all who frequent this board with pictorial evidence of your fishing prowess an skills. Smiley  I can only dream to achieve the level of success that you have managed to fall up to.  And to rub salt into my wounds, you do this with my old reels!Cry  

Now if I could just figure out how to improve my fishing so that I could post pics of my pretty face....... Tongue

Smitty Smiley

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #20 - 04/04/07 at 15:29:36
Quote Print Post  
Carlos,
  I've done my very best in these last few years to provide the adequate information to everyone about just how I do so well on that lake, but I will tell you again.  It's no secret how I fish Silver and the only reason I am so open about that is simple...........  most (nearly ALL) fisherman that fish that tournament DON'T have the patience it takes to catch those fish!  That 23 lb. 13 oz. sack I brought in two years ago was on 5 BITES, not 6 or 8 or 10.  I got the 5th bite 15 minutes before weigh in.  Sure, I was nervous about getting my limit or having 2 fish at noon but you absolutely have to believe that what you are doing is ALL YOU CAN DO and have the confidence and patience to KEEP DOING IT!  Six or seven years ago, I won Silver with 5 bites in two days but it was enough.
  If I could offer any advice that may help everyone catch more fish, it would be this........  Leave the spinnerbaits, topwater, crank baits, drop shots, flippin tubes, finesse crap, light line, thoughts of catching two limits and especially "the gun and run" mentality AT HOME!  Pick any shoreline you have caught a fish on, drop the trolling motor, pick a "RED BUSH" and fish all 4 sides with first, a weighted BRUSH HOG, then a weighless BRUSH HOG and then a GREEN PUMPKIN SENKO.  That equates to 12 passes around a single bush before I move to the next one.  YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HOW MANY PITCHES YOU CAN MAKE TO A SINGLE BUSH BEFORE THAT 6 POUNDER WILL ACTUALLY TAKE YOUR BAIT!
  Lastly, the "bite" is often not a "bite" at all but more of a "feeling".  Often, you won't feel a "tick tick" but if it "feels different", well, by now, I hope you know what to do.  I'm not saying that all the baits listed above won't work, but if you wanted to draw me Carlos, that's what I'd be doing, THE WHOLE WEEKEND!  One more thing, I fish with 3 rods, ALL with 20 lb. test including a 6'6" med/heavy spinning rod for the SENKO.  It's a "pain" to fish with but I have NEVER broke off a fish due to the line breaking on that lake!  Good Luck to you all!  I wish I was fishin' it!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 04/04/07 at 17:59:41
Quote Print Post  
Guys,

What Ron is suggesting you do to catch fish at this event is very admirable of him to say Smiley, then you should take notice of it. If a guy is willing to share this type of information after he has won several events at Silver this way is quite awesome.

I know of no other club who is willing to share their winning ways-by lure, method or otherwise.

Good Luck to all. I can't make it to this years event as well.

Hope you all catch loads of big fish.

Russ

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #22 - 04/04/07 at 19:57:25
Quote Print Post  
Ron

I will second that. How many times did you throw at the dock on the island, before you caught the 7 pounder with 10 minutes left? Just kidding. But I refuse to leave the flippin tubes at home. But it is all about patients and fishing all of the cover.

Nice advice.

Daryl

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 04/04/07 at 23:53:43
Quote Print Post  
wow nicely put.  you hear the same thing sometimes from the pros.  like when they throw ten times at one log and finally pull a fish off it.  i've never done well on red bushes down there, but i always hear thats what to fish. thanks for the tips! 

troy

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #24 - 04/05/07 at 00:44:00
Quote Print Post  
Darn you Ron!  Wink  I was able to watch you last year (Sat & Sun) and I learned from you as well as from Larry and Phil.  Now you had to go and give up all the info.  Would you mind removing your post?  Grin

Oh well, hopefully I'll have the patience.  By the way fellas 20lb test is a must around those red bushes.  I learned the hard way last year then Ron saved my *** by throwing me a spool of 20lb test after I broke off two nice fish.  Thanks again Ron.

IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #25 - 04/05/07 at 01:59:52
Quote Print Post  
Daryl,

How is she at netting fish? I'm sure she can't shoot straight and i dont need anymore dead batteries in the Triton!!!!!!
I might need a good net BBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!  Cool

Ha Ha Ha Just kidding. I will be doin as Ron said myself.

Carlos, get in line dude!!! Way back in the back of the line!!!

Sorry Peeps, I'm just having fun.

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #26 - 04/05/07 at 13:46:47
Quote Print Post  
Sorry Phil

She wants to fish with the A-team. She will be fishing with me both days unless one of us explodes.

Daryl

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Reply #27 - 04/05/07 at 14:43:52
Quote Print Post  
EX-PREZ,

That was a great post.  Most people need to understand what "slow down" really means.  My self included, I tend to get alittle impatient sometimes.  Aslo, how to throughly fish a certain area or a red bush.  But you have to stick to your game plan and have confidence in it.  But that goes into how experienced you are with the technique or type of tactic you are doing.  With flipping & pitching, be patient and do it alot.  Thanks for your input, and we all should listen to Ron.

Marc F.      

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #28 - 04/05/07 at 20:57:21
Quote Print Post  
Guys,
  Golly, I'm blushing!  Keep in mind, two weeks ago, Dave and I blanked in the "Open".  This is NOT a "sure thing" but if the weather is stable (especially sunshine), the fish will bite the lures I throw.  I've fished Silver every April Drawfor the last 10 years (I think) and the first couple of years, I got very frusterated because largemouth are "supposed" to hit cranks and spinnerbaits and so on, but didn't for me.  To Marks point, unfortunatley, we can't "will" the fish into biting but we can keep tossing in "tha red bush" until they just can't stand it in their face any more.  Ray, sorry for "spilling the beans", but wouldn't it be fun if a dozen people came in with 20 lb. sacks?!  You're one up on all of them because you know which bushes we caught the fish in! Wink  Go to those bushes and DON'T STOP FISHIN' 'EM!  You will put fish in the boat.  Darryl, you and Stu are the only two people that know where the 7 lber came from and I know your boat is faster than his.  Good luck to everyone.  I hope the sun shines on you all, the WHOLE WEEKEND! Smiley

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 04/05/07 at 22:03:25
Quote Print Post  
Ex Prez,

Thanks for the info. Your right this sounds like your "How you did it talk the last two years". I appreciate your willingness to share with "the whole world" Roll Eyes your success on Silver. Like I said it won't be the same without you there. I'll be doing some serious suggesting with who ever I end up drawing. (can't wait to get a boat) Grin The only thing I differ with you on is spinnerbaits and cranks, but that falls into a confidents thing with me as I've had success with them there and can't resist. Wink Anyway have a good time whatever you end up doing and we'll see you at Potholes. BTW I did happen to see what certain piece off structure "L l" the 7 came out of as Mark and I where off in the distance and witnessed the whole deal. After all it was one of Stu's first net dances. Grin

Phil,

Pray I don't draw you because I'd hate to catch bigger fish then you in your own boat (AGAIN)! Ha ha Anyway the line begins behind me sucka! Don't be sorry we're all just having fun dude...

Carlos

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo