Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver Lake Draw Tourney  - April 28 and 29 (Read 18515 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Silver Lake Draw Tourney  - April 28 and 29
03/03/07 at 17:54:55
Quote Print Post  
Here is the info so far for the Silver Lake Draw Tourney, April 28 and 29.

Silver Lake Motel and Resort: http://www.silverlake-resort.com/ . Most people are staying here. Call for reservations at: (360) 274-6141. They have camping spots for rv's and tent spots that are pretty cheap. Cabins and rooms are very expensive.

Directions to Launch: Silver Lake, Cowlitz County  - Public Launch (Silver Lake Resort is the same way, just a few miles short of the launch)

Directions: Take I-5 south;  Take Exit 49 (Spirit Lake HWY 504) ;  Take  left off exit and go back over I-5 (Should pass a Burger King);  Stay straight for Approximately 8-9 miles (Past the Silver Lake Motel & Resort); Public launch is on  the right hand side.

FOR NEW FOLKS:
People normally get down to the Resort from mid afternoon until later at night on Friday. It is best to call for a reservation. You usually get your own dinner and hang out and drink sodas (some of us drink barley and hops sodas) until way too late and then go to bed for a few hours before getting up to get ready to launch.

On Saturday AM, we will meet at the public launch and Jim Rumann will have a drivers meeting where he will tell us the rules and draw for the nonboaters to see who thay wil go out with on day 1. I'm not sure of the weigh-in time. Jim will tell us down there, but he said that we are going to have our weigh in at the Silver Lake Resort's dock, as it is better for everyone to tie up at.

Best 5 fish each person each day.

After the weigh-in on Saturday, we either go to a restaurant or have a potluck. Again, not sure which will happen this time - depends on the weather.

To bed a little earlier (?) on Saturday night and do it all again on Sunday. Then weigh in, awards and go home.

Anybody who wants to add to this or mention something that I forgot, please feel free.

I am planning to get down there about 3 or 4 PM. I'll be in space #12 on the right when you first enter the Silver Lake Resort. If you want my cell #, send me a PM.

Stu 

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Silver Lake Draw Tourney  - April 28 and 29
Reply #1 - 03/03/07 at 17:59:22
Quote Print Post  
I got space 13......see ya there! Grin

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/04/07 at 01:48:17
Quote Print Post  
Cabin rental partners needed!!!!!

I called today to inquire about rates:  Motel Room $108.00 per day, Cabin $88.00 per day, Tent site $12.75 per day.  The main difference between the motel room and the cabin is the motel room is over the water and has cable tv and the cabin in on dry land and no tv.

Any one interested in sharing, I would like to rent a cabin.  I did this once before and I believe we had four people split the cost.  Two bedrooms, one couch and one slept on a air matress on the floor.  

Let me know if anyone is interested and I will book a cabin.

Thanks,

Chuck Pigue

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #3 - 03/04/07 at 03:29:28
Quote Print Post  
I know in the past for the draw tournament we allowed spouses to fish with their husbands or signifcant others. Is this going to be the case for this tournament this year. Just to give you guys a warning, my wife has chose to fish the western tournaments with me this year. She does not want to fish in the back of someone elses boat (unless it's Phil's). Please let me know what the plans are for this tournament.

Daryl

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/04/07 at 14:41:56
Quote Print Post  
Dayrl,

I think thats great. I wish more wives would get involved.
Russ

IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake Draw Tourney  - April 28 and
Reply #5 - 03/04/07 at 15:30:24
Quote Print Post  
I am hoping to make it to this event.  I am going to Disneyland with the family the second week in April, and then the third week is the Potholes Open.  Needless to say, the wife really doesn't want me gone two weekends in a row for tournaments.  Hopefully I can talk her into it, because I finally got a Monday through Friday shift at work, and was hoping to fish all of the WBC events this year.  I have met several of you guys and I am looking forward to meeting the rest.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/05/07 at 17:40:01
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chuck I may be interested in sharing a cabin if we can get the split right for costs.

Carlos

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/06/07 at 03:25:17
Quote Print Post  
Daryl,

I'll support you on you and Mary fishing together at Silver. It is great that she wants to backseat you this year.

Jimmy R. has the final word, but I'll add my $.02 as long as all our non-boaters are covered.

We've had plenty of boats at Silver lately and I don't think any of the various non-WBC tourneys are that weekend.

Samantha and I had the same question last year. Never found out the answer because our sitter arrangements fell through for that weekend.

Go, Mary!!!

Stu

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/12/07 at 02:58:07
Quote Print Post  
me and my buddy mike are goin and i think we are getting a cabin so if anyone wants to split cost then we should be good. 

plus we gotta get a cabin for this traditional poker game i always hear about.

troy

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #9 - 03/12/07 at 04:02:05
Quote Print Post  
For all the backseaters...do'nt forget your vests!
And for everyone remember that this area is prone to severe weather changes as there is no mountans between the coast and the this area so have extra tarps for tents and rain gear for the boats.
All boaters should get out there and pre-fish to get the lowdown on where the pilings and rock piles are.

last thing....lots of Ben-Gay for the muscle aches of tossing big fish in the boat!! Grin
My prediction...someone will bust a 10 pound fish this time!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/12/07 at 04:28:40
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

10lber , Now that I would love to see. There have been several caught that size in the last 10 years.
Russ

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/12/07 at 23:35:57
Quote Print Post  
Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/13/07 at 16:32:41
Quote Print Post  
And I am that someone! I will thank you all at my VICTORY and Big Fish speech Cheesy. I'm coming for that title EX PREZ! Cool This is going to be a lot of fun sounds like we are going to have a great turn out.

Carlos

Bringing the muscle rub...

IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #13 - 04/01/07 at 22:02:34
Quote Print Post  
Hiya all!!

Thanks Stu for getting me setup. The green triton will be present and yes Daryl the back seat will be open.

I am lookin forward to this event.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 04/01/07 at 22:07:59
Quote Print Post  
Let the fishin begin......Big Toads........Lots of Ben gay..........I'll be in space 11, ready to kick bass...........10lbers....No problem 

Being a back seater...I think one of USen will catch the Bigun..............

Challenge ahoy.........................

Chuck P

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo