Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Classic week...who will win it? (Read 10212 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Classic week...who will win it?
Reply #30 - 02/26/07 at 01:32:35
Quote Print Post  
Snivel Snivel, Whine Whine, Cry  Biffle, what a cry baby.  Skeet was 500 yds down the bank from him.  Maybe Biffle should come fish some Washington tournements where 50yds is more like 50ft with boats all over the top of ya.  Very exciting watching yesterday, can't wait for the telecast tonight.

mark

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 02/26/07 at 02:32:38
Quote Print Post  
I agree Mark.  I really don't understand why the pro's think they own a spot....If they  don't get there during the day and someone gets to a spot, it's all open water......He's a pro and should be able to get em anywhere by now......Come here and fish Cry Cry

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 02/26/07 at 03:10:42
Quote Print Post  
After watching the final weigh in on the internet, my man Skeet was so close (unlike horse shoes though).  It shows ounces do count....Old man Boyd Duckett did it right, he won it as a home boy......Go Bama 

Now to the next one.  Anyone wanting to do the ESPN fantasy fishing site, I created a group for Western Washington if you want to join in....Thanks

Chuck Pigue

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #33 - 02/26/07 at 05:05:29
Quote Print Post  
Well, I got the right weight but the wrong angler!
Can we get Boyd Duckett to speak at the club? Cheesy

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #34 - 02/26/07 at 05:13:13
Quote Print Post  
That was down to the wire.  I hope they come out with a free dvd like they did in 05 when you renew your suscription to the magazine.  Pretty good coverage, should be a FUN year.  My predictions, G-Man is going to turn it UP.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #35 - 02/26/07 at 05:20:36
Quote Print Post  
I like Timmy Horton....not because of the ProCraft connection but rather he seems way more focused and grounded.
Oh....was it me or did practically everyone join up with BassCat? Shocked

oh+1....they are re-broadcasting it next saturday am on ESPN 2.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #36 - 02/26/07 at 05:25:56
Quote Print Post  
I ain't gonna watch it.  I've seen all the clips 2-7 times already. LOL!  I mean, how many repeats can they have in 2 days anyway?!

Gads, wasn't the ESPN coverage just awful this year or what?!  What happened to the live broadcasts like they had in the past few years?  It sucked eggs big time!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #37 - 02/26/07 at 05:35:39
Quote Print Post  
I loved the internet feed...all live and raw emotion....and two hours before the t.v. broadcast but with less on the water footage as a drawback.
Kieth the M.C. was better this year too.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 02/26/07 at 17:12:12
Quote Print Post  
I don't think the coverage was as bad as the last few years. But they do repeat a lot of stuff. The internet feed was cool. Nothing beats being out and fishing though. ha

Carlos

Congrats to Mr Duckett...too bad for Skeet! It was a pretty good Classic!

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 02/26/07 at 18:48:39
Quote Print Post  
I only watched day three last night, and I was really pleased with the coverage. They only had about 10 minutes of weigh-in footage, which is how it should be, and I thought the back and forth action of the anglers catching fish was well done... not too much of the personal interviews while they are fishing, too, which I never liked much. Too forced. Overall I thought ESPN did a good job!

Also, I can't believe how much detail they give on where the guys are fishing... those areas will be hammered for five years after the Classic. LOL.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 02/27/07 at 00:48:14
Quote Print Post  
I'm kinda torn on the running weight totals though.  It takes away alittle of the excitment of not knowing whose gonna win unless its within a few oz.  Seems like the coverage of all the big time tournaments is going through some type of evolution.  I like a little more fishing action and anticipation and less replays of DQ's.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 02/27/07 at 04:31:30
Quote Print Post  
Yea the Swindle thing was surprising. What a dork. Should have known to idle thru there.
It was better than last year, but did get tired of all the repetive stuff over and over again.

Cool for Duckett.

Russ

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #42 - 02/27/07 at 05:49:35
Quote Print Post  
Well, the Internet feed was good, but the coverage on ESPN.... well if you saw it only once, then you'd love it. If you watched the other 4 times, you'd notice a ton of repeats of the same stories over and over.  Swindle's move was shown at least 15-20 times, KVD's story 2-3 times, same with Ike's story, Skeet's story, Kerchall's story... well, every story.  In fact, some shows were complete and total repeats of previous shows in their entirety.

ESPN touted "10 hours" of coverage, but really it was about 2 hrs of material repeated over and over again.  The rest were repeats or that day's weigh-in coverage.  Far less than the 19+ hours of live coverage in previous years.

I can understand basketball dominated the prime times, but I don't understand all the repeats of the same material over and over....even the commercials.  It was painful. I found myself turning off the coverage because it was so annoying.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 02/27/07 at 16:01:52
Quote Print Post  
That is pretty strange, Glenn... During my one time watching, I was definitely getting tired of the same commercials. Interestingly enough, I went out yesterday and bought 18 purolator oil filters and a Toyota Tundra.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #44 - 02/28/07 at 02:30:40
Quote Print Post  
Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo