Normal Topic How would Ike do? (Read 1525 times)
DR
Ex Member

How would Ike do?
01/31/07 at 17:09:36
Quote Print Post  
The recent talk about Ike fishing a club event got me thinking....

How would Ike do in a club tournament on say Lake Washington or Potholes assuming he had no prefish time?  He just shows up the day before, looks at some maps, listens to some dock talk and goes out and competes with the club the next day.

Does he get spanked?   Does he dominate?    Undecided

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: How would Ike do?
Reply #1 - 01/31/07 at 17:23:47
Quote Print Post  
Hard to say really.  How would we do on lakes like Toho or Guntersville being never fished it before?  Answer, a WHOLE lot worse than Ike or Byron can do  Grin
It's not fair really.  But with a really good lake map, I'm sure they would do pretty well in 8 hours of fishing.  Ever read Day on the Lake with a Pro in B.A.S.S mag.  They do pretty well sometimes.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/31/07 at 17:33:00
Quote Print Post  
I think Ike would do just as good as any of us that know the lake already. It's all about the pattern. That's why he gets payed the big bucks. Wink

Carlos

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #3 - 01/31/07 at 17:50:29
Quote Print Post  
Ike Gary Styles, and Byron had a difficult time on Samamish Sunday morning before the sports show started.  Not a bite between 3 of them. Kiss  Ike did however manage to snag & land a Coot. Grin Grin Grin

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/01/07 at 00:17:18
Quote Print Post  
We'd better be careful musing about this on a public forum.  It may get moved to a member's only forum.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/02/07 at 04:51:08
Quote Print Post  
i think they would do much better at potholes then washington.  at potholes they could power fish and just locate fish then work um over.  ike seems to be pretty good at using his electronics and he did grow up fishing up north for smallies too so he would be ok on washington i think. 

i didnt make it down to the sportmans show what booth were they working down there?

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 02/02/07 at 08:47:31
Quote Print Post  
Mike Iaconelli was working the Toyota trucks booth.  Though 95% of the of the people weren't coming to check out the new Tundra  Wink  He was giving out autographed hats and photos. 
Byron seemed to be working at the Nixons booth, as he runs a Toon.  He was floating back and forth from his booth to Toyota, messin around with Ike.  Was pretty cool to see them in person.  Maybe next year they will actually get a fish tank and get them up there for a seminar.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo