Normal Topic Item for spring to-do list (Read 1067 times)
Sarge
Ex Member

Item for spring to-do list
01/31/07 at 02:37:01
Quote Print Post  
Hey all,

I'm like the rest of you and starting to wish it was spring already. I reminded myself how glad I was that I finally took the time last year to walk up to the top of Steamboat Rock on Banks Lake. If you haven't done this before, I highly recommend it. Almost anyone can do it. If you can walk a mile, you can do it. There are a couple of trails that start at Steamboat Rock State Park.

While up there, you can walk around the perimeter and check out all your favorite fishing holes from up high. There are plenty of good places to picnic with friends or family, and you might be amazed by how long it actually takes to walk the perimeter!

You're probably thinking the same thing I was during most of my trips to Banks Lake, "Walk to the top of a rock? I want to go fishing!" Well, it's definitely worth it. Below is a picture I took while on top. It is almost looking due north, with Lover's Lane on the far right side.

[url="http://www.myfishingpictures.com/?p=117523&c=543&z=1"][/url]

Chris

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Item for spring to-do list
Reply #1 - 01/31/07 at 03:12:18
Quote Print Post  
Sarge,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I have always wanted to do the same with the family. But yes we are always fishing then. My goal this year is to check out other fishing destinations like Lake Pend Oreille for a few days with the family.
Russ

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/31/07 at 03:37:54
Quote Print Post  
This is also a good time to clean all your reels, check the guides on the eyes of your rod, organize the tackle boxes, get the boat ready if it isn't allready, clean out the sticks from the last Potholes event that were left there from last year. You know clean up that crap that gets in those boxes that you allways forget to get out of there.

We are all begging for spring to get here. Also make those camping reservations as many are filling up fast. I made all mine last week.

Set some goals and write them down for the coming tourney or fishing season. Whether its to win an event, get a limit for both days, get a limit period, fish with different folks this year, or catch that first 5lb smallie these are all good things to shoot for.

For me this year would be to fish with the family more, get in better shape, fish with some diffferent folks, and catch a 7lb smallie. Those are just some.

Get creative and organized because spring will be here before you know it.

Russ

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/31/07 at 15:49:39
Quote Print Post  
I'm in no hurry for spring, Lake washington fishing is way to good in the winter to rush through. Add the fact that it is really quite on the lake this time of year and it becomes tough to beat.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo