Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) FLW co- angler? (Read 2883 times)
Justin
Forum Member

"I caught you a delicious
bass'

FLW co- angler?
01/15/07 at 22:52:25
Quote Print Post  
I saw an article on FLW they are looking for co-anglers.
Is it as easy to pay the $700 to fish with a Pro?
Or is there a heavy screening application proccess to go through?
Any one done this?
Thanks.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: FLW co- angler?
Reply #1 - 01/16/07 at 00:45:53
Quote Print Post  
Fly,

It should be no differnet than Bass, have fished as an amateur before at a BASS event on Shasta a couple of years ago. The one thing they will make you where is their sponsored companies-Ranger,etc. otherwise you won't fish unless you where there stuff.

Other than that it is a good chance to learn some new water and possibly techniques. Hey you might get lucky and get a real Pro unlike I did that I got local rich guys that only fish these events for fun.
Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/16/07 at 01:04:39
Quote Print Post  
I believe you are guaranteed a spot if you pair with a pro......the federation qualifiers are that way....will check some more.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/16/07 at 02:01:59
Quote Print Post  
You might check with Mack Randle, He's fishing it this year and is doing well I might add!! He placed 20th out of 250 at shasta from the back seat!! Shocked Grin

IP Logged

Mack
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/16/07 at 02:15:50
Quote Print Post  
I just got back from the Shasta tourny.yes it is that easy! you dont need a pro too sign up with you ,you just need to pay your money and the pick a pro for you to fish with. you dont fish with the same pro.you get a different pro for the three days before the cut to make it to the last day. I had a great time. All the pro's are great guys, they know how much it costs to come to one and are very willing to help you catch fish. My opinion FLW is a great organization and very well organized and great people. I'm glad i went and cant wait to go to lake Mead.FLW is really a top of the line tournament trial. It will change your out look on high profile tournys.They are a well established group of people that will make you feel right at home, even though your 11 1/2 hrs away from home. 
Mack

IP Logged

Justin
Forum Member

"I caught you a delicious
bass'

Reply #5 - 01/16/07 at 02:32:01
Quote Print Post  
Wow sounds like fun!   Grin

It would be worth it to me. I just have not been out since August.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/16/07 at 02:39:30
Quote Print Post  
Holy Chit Mack, way to go man.  That sounds awesome to fish with the pro's.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/16/07 at 04:34:17
Quote Print Post  
Hey Mack, sounds as if your really having fun and it's worth the investment.  You should plan on telling us at a meeting how things go, the process and how you are doing.  Hope you do really good. 

Tell Russ, it's WEAR not where .....hehehe

Gotcha Russ

CP

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/16/07 at 04:40:21
Quote Print Post  
Nice Job Mack-Man! Grin

Show 'em what Washingtons made of!

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/16/07 at 05:03:10
Quote Print Post  
Wear,were,where, funny Chuck.

Hey Mack how many did you get on Top Water.
Russ

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 01/17/07 at 02:22:11
Quote Print Post  
Russ just thought about an earlier snafu I made on spelling of the rod name...remember.......

HA ha

cp

iT'S STILL NEAT WHAT MAC IS DOING/////

IP Logged

Mack
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 01/18/07 at 04:21:29
Quote Print Post  
I would enjoy telling my experience at a meeting. I plan on coming to this months meeting. Someone interested in joining the club wants to try to make this months meeting, but will see how it goes. Iwill try to make it even if I come alone. (Russ) tried it for about a half hour all three days of pre fishing and nothing. Wee had blue bird skies each day and falling water temp. I caught all my fish in the 5 to 25 foot range.But they werent on top water or swim baits at least for me. Iwould recommend any fisherman with the same dream to make it big to try it. Then we would have to find bigger lakes to hold half the world;D. If you plan on doing it make sure you bring plenty of body and face armor because you'll be lucky to get a consoul on the passenger side. All and all it was worth every penny.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 01/18/07 at 05:36:21
Quote Print Post  
Mack,

Yes fishing a Pro Am event like Bass for me was a good learning experience. I myself would have done better if I would have gone as a Pro. Like I said in the beginning of this post that as a backseater you have to draw the right partners in order to finish well. I had been on Shasta before for over a week and took my boat down to practice before that event. So I'm glad you had a great time.

More of us should be that lucky,
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo