Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sammamish Feb 17th Freeze Your bASS Big Bass Blast (Read 10141 times)
Brian
Ex Member

Re: Sammamish Feb 17th Freeze Your bASS Big Bass B
Reply #15 - 02/15/07 at 06:06:55
Quote Print Post  
Dragging on the bottom. No drop shot, but on the bottom. The fish were spitting up sculpins, small ones that mimmic a tiny minnow bait......I will say no more.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #16 - 02/15/07 at 08:13:21
Quote Print Post  
A panic minnow perhaps?   Wink

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 02/15/07 at 18:27:51
Quote Print Post  
There will be coffee & donuts, and everyone gets a free raffle ticket also. Hope to meet a few of you guys there, as the weather is supposed to be good. The raffle will have some nice prizes in it also. We will have the results along with some pictures of the winners with their BIG CHECKS, posted on the website that night some time. It may be posted a little bit late, but should be able to view it by Sunday AM.
Brian

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 02/15/07 at 20:18:42
Quote Print Post  
Minnow baits hmm, lets see if I have any of those Huh. I have tried everything else. Well it can't hurt. Wish this event was in March, because February kicks my bacon.

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #19 - 02/15/07 at 20:53:13
Quote Print Post  
Brian....how many signed up so far?

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 02/15/07 at 21:00:20
Quote Print Post  
Well, as the cutoff I think there are 18 boats signed up. That was the 12th. There are a lot more that will sign up the day of. We expect from most of the commitments there will be over 30 boats, and probably closer to 40. It will be a very nice purse for either the big fish winner, or the overall winner.
Brian

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 02/15/07 at 21:03:40
Quote Print Post  
Trolling is not permitted (sorry Rev), but controlled drift (dragging) is not really too enforcible, so it is allowed. There is a 12" min. on the fish, and no off limits time. There will be closed waters, but it will be the marina (launch), and the slough (closed to fishing anyway).

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 02/16/07 at 14:28:16
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
There will be coffee & donuts, and everyone gets a free raffle ticket also. Hope to meet a few of you guys there, as the weather is supposed to be good. The raffle will have some nice prizes in it also. We will have the results along with some pictures of the winners with their BIG CHECKS, posted on the website that night some time. It may be posted a little bit late, but should be able to view it by Sunday AM.
Brian

I am sorry, but I was incorrect about the raffle prize ticket. Everyone who enters big fish will receive a free raffle prize ticket, and actually, if you enter a tournament like this and did not spend an extra 10 dollars each to win 1000, well, then I think you may not have it all together upstairs.......
Brian

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 02/16/07 at 18:47:34
Quote Print Post  
Brian, if I stop by the weigh-in to watch can I still buy raffle tickets?

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 02/16/07 at 21:40:52
Quote Print Post  
good luck to the western guys who are fishing this tomorrow!  should have some decent weather as well.  wonder what will take big fish? my guess is somewhere around 5lbs.

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 02/17/07 at 03:30:12
Quote Print Post  
I am sure those big largemouth will move up if the wind is blowing towards the north end, and someone will pop a big one......5.5 lbs....We shall see.
Yes on the raffle tickets, and even show up for the coffee and donuts in the morning if you would like........
I will be on the shore for part of the morning, but then will be snapping some pictures for the website later on. Wish all from Western bass good luck, as I know there are some good sticks in the club.
Brian

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 02/18/07 at 01:01:26
Quote Print Post  
Well it took 7.41lbs to be in the money and 14lb to win it. Fishing was tough as most teams blanked. From our club the team of Wolsky/Thane had two fish and Bettis/Baker team had one.

I think I will pass onthis one next year. Can't wait for the Open.
Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 02/18/07 at 02:09:23
Quote Print Post  
big fish for the tourney was............................................. 3.72lbs, not exactly a big fish, but a very tough bite. Only 4 teams limits

Mark

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 02/18/07 at 02:14:53
Quote Print Post  
Thanks to all who fished the tournament. There were a couple of angler problems, along with a few gliches in the payout, but everyone was well taken care of in that department. Hope everyone had a good time even though there was a tough bite. Next year, Hobbs Jr will have to fish with his left arm. I will post the pictures of the tournament on the Evergreen website, along with the results by tomorrow. Thanks again everyone for the great turnout.
Brian

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 02/18/07 at 19:02:54
Quote Print Post  
The standings and photos are on the website....  Evergreenbassclub.com

Brian

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo