Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sammamish Feb 17th Freeze Your bASS Big Bass Blast (Read 9615 times)
Brian
Ex Member

Sammamish Feb 17th Freeze Your bASS Big Bass Blast
01/12/07 at 05:21:06
Quote Print Post  
Evergreen Bass Club is hosting an open tournament with a $1000 dollar Big Fish payout, and an 80% payback. This will be on Lake Samammish Feb 17th. Cold weather fishing, but for those of you who have been out there, the fishing is actually much better then than in March......See ya there!

PS, there is a link on the EvergreenBassclub.com website, which will be updated with more information before the weekend.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Sammamish Feb 17th Freeze Your bASS Big Bass B
Reply #1 - 01/12/07 at 05:27:24
Quote Print Post  
Well....either they have no permit or W.D.F.W. have not updated they're site.............fishy at best. Tongue

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/12/07 at 16:37:29
Quote Print Post  
Do you think we would hold a tournament without a permit. The department must not have their website updated yet. Anyway, hope to see you guys there. Along with the tournament, there will be a nice raffle.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/31/07 at 04:03:58
Quote Print Post  
Would like to backseat this tournament with someone who knows the lake and wants to fish the tournament from WBC.  Call Chuck Pigue if interested.  253-797-6240

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/11/07 at 03:08:09
Quote Print Post  
Almost all of the boats there at Sammamish are on fish, so it should be a good tournament. The host club (Evergreen) is going to pass out needles, and give a "how to " class on fizzing bass (deflating). Remember that the big fish needs to be alive, and will be a 1000 dollar check. There will also be an 80% payback on the entry fees, so it will be a very nice early season purse. Hope to see a few of the guys there.....
Brian

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/12/07 at 19:22:01
Quote Print Post  
Almost all of what boats on Sammamish? Huh And when? Huh Just wondering Brian.

Carlos

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/12/07 at 19:52:11
Quote Print Post  
When 18 out of 19 boats don't get any fish I am wondering myself who is catching any fish Huh Huh
Russ

IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - 02/12/07 at 20:58:43
Quote Print Post  
There are two differnt ways of deflating fish the old way through the side of the fish and take a chance of hitting major orgins and killing the fish or there is a new way by opening the mouth and in the very back of the month there is a small triangle pad you simply stick the needle just above this pad you will then hear the air come out. there are times when you will have to deflate a fish more than once. If you go to the Bassmaster web site and put in Fizzing bass there is a photo of how to do this.

Thayne

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/13/07 at 00:02:00
Quote Print Post  
ya i saw that too thayne.  looks way more safer for the fish, and remember dont squeeze the fish you dont want to over deflate them.

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/13/07 at 01:43:23
Quote Print Post  
Do you guys have a link to that fizzing picture

IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #10 - 02/13/07 at 15:29:47
Quote Print Post  
The website is bassmaster.com and type in the search fizzing fish it should come up

Thanks

Thayne

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/13/07 at 18:15:53
Quote Print Post  
Are we talking about "Fizzing" or "FAZing" fish? Cause FAZing fish can really shock a fish to death. J/K buddy. Grin

Carlos Cool

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 02/14/07 at 20:44:54
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
When 18 out of 19 boats don't get any fish I am wondering myself who is catching any fish Huh Huh
Russ

Two guys from the club were on the lake last Saturday, and both of the boats caught fish from 38 feet to 50+ feet. The fish were released, and went back down. They had talked to 2 other anglers and they had also caught multiple fish. All of the fish that were caught in both boats were over 2.5 lbs. Sammamish fishes very well before March, the fishing gets tougher early March, then comes on strong right towards April.
Brian

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #13 - 02/14/07 at 21:52:10
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Two guys from the club were on the lake last Saturday, and both of the boats caught fish from 38 feet to 50+ feet. The fish were released, and went back down. They had talked to 2 other anglers and they had also caught multiple fish. All of the fish that were caught in both boats were over 2.5 lbs. Sammamish fishes very well before March, the fishing gets tougher early March, then comes on strong right towards April.
Brian

Wondering what they were doing that we weren't doing. Embarrassed

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 02/15/07 at 01:06:34
Quote Print Post  
Y2,
Must be those baskets that they were pulling from Wink ha,ha. Cuz I sure is heck have fished that lake many times in the last two weeks and haven't even touched a fish. I'm scratching my head .

Russ
« Last Edit: 02/15/07 at 02:14:40 by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo