Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Potholes open (Read 20437 times)
Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Potholes open
12/27/06 at 17:05:44
Quote Print Post  
ANY INFO???? I heard it was an invite only or something like that. Does anybody have an extra entry form? and has anybody even gotten these forms yet?

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Potholes open
Reply #1 - 12/27/06 at 19:03:56
Quote Print Post  
Nick,

The forms don't get distributed until the last week of February for the Open and yes it is invite only. They fill it up in about 2 days. Here is what I suggest-call around and look for a partner. The guys who fished it last year were the following:

Bob Payseno/Nick Culver
Jim Ruman/Wolsky
Russ Baker/Mark Chevrier
Kirk Holmes/Hankinson
Carlos/I forget
Maderos-is not fishing it in 07
Jarrel & I forget
Lyle/Walker

Check with some of these guys and see if they are interested in changing partners.

Russ

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/27/06 at 20:22:56
Quote Print Post  
Put the forgots together Russ and you had the team. Grin

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/27/06 at 21:56:04
Quote Print Post  
It was Holmes & Sarge last year and like Nick said I fished with Dave Jarrel.

Carlos

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/06/07 at 01:31:47
Quote Print Post  
Just got off the phone with the tournament director for the Potholes Open and the invites are going out the third week of February.

Hopefully this year we won't have a wind cut-off day like we did last year and more of our boys from the club will finish in the money like some of us did last year.

This fills up fast so get your invite in.

Russ

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/06/07 at 01:29:22
Quote Print Post  
When you send in your entry form, do you have to attach a copy of your insurance??

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/06/07 at 01:36:35
Quote Print Post  
Nick,

That would be "NO" . Just send in the entry as fast as you can so you can get in.
Russ

IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/20/07 at 01:28:54
Quote Print Post  
Anybody get their invites yet?  They somehow skipped me last year so I am nervous Wink

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/20/07 at 04:14:06
Quote Print Post  
I get mine the last week of February or right on the first of March here in eburg.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/20/07 at 18:31:02
Quote Print Post  
WCCT,

Kirk's right they should be out this week if not today. I always get mine the day after presidents day.

Russ

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Potholes open-News
Reply #10 - 02/23/07 at 01:11:42
Quote Print Post  
To All,

Invites are going out this saturday.

Russ

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/27/07 at 23:06:17
Quote Print Post  
Looks like we are going to have a good representation for WBC this year at the Hole Tourney. Booked my site at Warden Resort a couple of months ago.

Looks like these are the teams:

Baker-Flippin Magician/Chevrier-Man W/View-Team Skeeter
Lyle/Ted-Team Skeeter
Kirk/Ron-Team Skeeter
Larry/Bob-Team Procraft
Wolski/??? - Team Stratos
Head Mexican(Carlos)/Nick (The Legend Man)-Team Legend
Jack/Jesse-Team Skeeter
Jarrel/Sarge-(Fish Slappin Man) Team Skeeter
Pays-to-Know/ Nick Culver (Jaws)-Team Champion
WCCT/???

Now all we are missing is team Ranger/Lund.

Am I missing anyone?

Who is bringing the cards and chips?????

Russ

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 02/28/07 at 01:18:16
Quote Print Post  
It's on dipthongs! I can't wait to do this! Looks like a great crowd. I've got a nice chip set that I would be happy to bring. Might need a reminder right before the tourney, though, because I'll be too busy sorting out my triple ripple lizards and Mepps spinners before I leave.

Maybe we can actually fish both days this year, eh?

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 02/28/07 at 02:30:07
Quote Print Post  
Lookin forward to this one again. Glad to see that there will be an ample amount of us participating. I look forward to matching wits with both the fish and the fisherman. I plan on catchin that 8 pounder that broke my rod handle last year in practice. Ya'll remember that? Who is sleeping with the sweet beavers this year?
I am off to Vegas next week for the NASCAR race. On the Monday after the race I am going fishing on Lake Mead with a member of the Las Vegas Bass Club. I sent them off an email asking if they might have a member that would be willing to take a Northwest Basser out to lake Mead. I got a reply the next morning from one of them. I called him that night and made all the arrangements. So if any of you have any tips for Lake Mead in early March I would gladly like to hear them. I have never had the chance to fish Mead and I am looking forward to it. It don't get much better than that. A week with nothing but NASCAR and fishing with a bit of Vegas night life thrown in! (What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!) I will let you all know how the fishing went when I get home. Hopefully with a picture or two. Should be spawning time down there at Mead. A little sight fishing practice for the open I say!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 02/28/07 at 04:25:38
Quote Print Post  
Okay Sarge,

You bring the chips and I will see if Carlos can bring the cards.
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo