Normal Topic Lash 'em down folks! (Read 2575 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Lash 'em down folks!
12/13/06 at 05:11:52
Quote Print Post  
Looks like we are gonna get whacked on Thursday/Friday nite so get out and get them awenings lashed down......they say it has the potential to be as bad or worse than the innaugural day storm of '93 and I was cutting trees off houses for 4 days then! and our fire engine got several roof improvements to it!

Keep safe all!

Tongue STUPID WIND! Tongue

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: Lash 'em down folks!
Reply #1 - 12/15/06 at 15:23:53
Quote Print Post  
Well we had a long skinny tree come down into our driveway.  Missed my moms car by a foot and my truck by 4.  I guess our chimney fell off the roof too, I didn't have a chance to look. 
Anyone have any damage?

Chris

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/16/06 at 16:15:53
Quote Print Post  
Personally no, On my paper route a couple tree's fell on houses, no MAJOR Damage cause they were built sturdy.

On the way to my paper route, there was a BRAND NEW Apartment Complex and had 2 average tree's fall down on them and ripped right through the buildings and completely wrecked them.

SHOWS HOW CHEAP SOME CONSTRUCTION IS THESE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/16/06 at 21:21:52
Quote Print Post  
Tree limbs and stuff but no structural damage...still on generator power and the cable just came up so back online for now! Tongue

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 12/17/06 at 00:37:12
Quote Print Post  
My fence is knocked down in one section, and leaning over in several other places.  Lost everything in the refridgerator, but saved the freezer stuff (thanks Larry!)Just got power back on an hour ago.  Woo Hoo!

IP Logged

Jack
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/20/06 at 01:58:48
Quote Print Post  
Still no power for us.  They say maybe by Christmas.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/20/06 at 04:22:36
Quote Print Post  
Day...six.......weak......cold.....roomate happy and irritating.......food spoiling......have bronchitus now.....maybe......have to resort......to.........going to..................

sister-in-laws house...............

NAW! CANNIBALIZE ROOMATE!

Tongue Angry Tongue

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/20/06 at 15:18:27
Quote Print Post  
Larry, call me if ya need anything.  Just around the corner from you.  206 719 6111.

Mark

PS:  Mark sure you cook her all the way thru, would hate for you to get E Coli or something

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/20/06 at 15:49:11
Quote Print Post  
Thanks all who offered...but we are doing ok just hamming it up...generator good and LOTS LOTS LOTS OF FIREWOOD!
Grin

p.s.....meeting lots of folks at the laundromat who are in the same boat!...new appreciation for for the simpler times.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/22/06 at 21:31:19
Quote Print Post  
Alas......at 12:55 PM Pacific time we officially moved back into the 21st century.....
My thanks go out to the Honda Co. for their reliable generators....
To Kami Teryaki for their ability to operate in the face of the storm.......
To my friends and neighbors who offered up all kinds of stuff! Thanks again......

After this I am ready to go to Florida or points south and rip some lips on some fish!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo