Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Pheasant hunt (Read 5080 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Pheasant hunt
12/03/06 at 17:56:08
Quote Print Post  
Maderos and I got to get together over at Warden Lake resort Thanksgiving weekend and do a little pheasant/ quail hunting. The first day we went to by Lind Coulee and over in the seep lakes in the afternoon, but didn't jump any birds.

The second day we got up early and went to the county border and jumped three roosters and one hen. We winged one, but it got away from us in the thick tulles we were hunting. The other two we straight missed...oh well. I tell you what, it is fun. What great scenery too as the snow storm hit us. With the fishing slowing down this part of the year, this is a great way to spend time with friends and still get in the outdoors.

His dog Luke gets an A+ for effort too. He is a little fast and crazy, but he knows why he's there.  

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Pheasant hunt
Reply #1 - 12/03/06 at 18:01:44
Quote Print Post  
Now....I can under stand mark missing....with his TIMING being off and all...did he get up on TIME? Hope he can get to the restroom on TIME!  Tongue

Kiss

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/04/06 at 16:40:39
Quote Print Post  
Rob - Give me a shout in the future.  My pooch and I love that action.  Spent a few hours down on the Yakama Reservation hunting on Sunday.  Got one, missed others.  Typical for me.  Dog was a little peeved.  He got a little upset that I could not hit the broad side of the barn.  All that work and nothing but feathers.  The snow did help slow those birds down.  They like to run late in the season, so any help is fine with me.  Let me know, I would love to go with you guys.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/04/06 at 17:36:21
Quote Print Post  
No timing issue's here Larry!   Tongue  It was a blast Rob.  Kirk, anytime just give us a shout.  206 719 6111.

Mark

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/05/06 at 01:42:30
Quote Print Post  
Yeah Kirk we definately need to hook that up. It was really fun and that was my first time so I have still to bag my first bird. Maybe a day around the holidays will work. I'll keep in touch with you guys.

IP Logged

Mack
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/06/06 at 05:48:57
Quote Print Post  
I myself would like to do some pheasant hunting. have done it a few times when i was younger in the blueberry fields by my house. just bought a golden to train for "birdy hunting".  Grin

mack

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/06/06 at 16:24:24
Quote Print Post  
Hey Mack,
  Anytime, the more the merry, and an extra dog to boot to help out my helpless brittany.  He gets an A+ for effort every time, but a D- in everything else.

206 719 6111

Mark

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/06/06 at 19:17:16
Quote Print Post  
I am taking some time between the holidays.  Maybe we should try then.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/07/06 at 00:43:02
Quote Print Post  
Sounds good Kirk. Mark and Mack stay tuned. Mack, we don't have a way to get a hold of you if something comes up.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/07/06 at 00:47:53
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

When you guys go huntin just watch out for Dick Cheney Wink Wink
Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/07/06 at 00:58:14
Quote Print Post  
No Dick's allowed.  As for hunting with Kirk and Rob, that sounds good.  I will have some time off in there to work something out.

mark

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/07/06 at 03:04:36
Quote Print Post  
I am working on Dec 26th, but then am off the rest of the week.  I will have wed, thur, and friday.  Megan has a game on the 30th so will be out for that.

IP Logged

Mack
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 12/07/06 at 03:26:32
Quote Print Post  
I dont mind when we go just if i could get a day or two notice that would be fine and if its more sudden then that caugh caugh i think i feel sick 24 hour flew   Grin  contact info (253) 579-6999.
mack

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 12/07/06 at 05:16:53
Quote Print Post  
Alright. I don't know what my holiday schedule is quite yet but I'll swing something. Mark I know you're good since you only work like 3 days a month anyhow.... Wink
« Last Edit: 12/08/06 at 00:59:29 by »  

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #14 - 12/07/06 at 14:41:43
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
No Dick's allowed.
Sounds pretty strange to me for a bunch of GUYS going hunting. Shocked  Hmmm. Roll Eyes  Quite possibly more information than I needed.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo