Normal Topic Miss The Sunshine (Read 1686 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Miss The Sunshine
11/30/06 at 03:59:26
Quote Print Post  
Guys,

Don't it suck waiting for spring and the warm weather. I lost a good friend this last week, day after Thanksgiving. He was the one killed just east of the pass from the falling tree.

Never had a chance to take him fishing as we were both so busy. Moral of the story Make the time and go.

Great guy as he showed gusto for life like all of us fisherman have. Counting the days till longer days exist.

Hope to see you on the water.
Russ

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Re: Miss The Sunshine
Reply #1 - 11/30/06 at 04:05:22
Quote Print Post  
Russ,

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. I read about him in the paper and he was clearly well liked and respected.

On the fishing front, I say let's fish in the rain and cold.

Stu

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/30/06 at 04:07:49
Quote Print Post  
Stu,

Thanks, I went to the funeral today and I don't do well at funerals.

I agree I need to suck it up and hit the water next week after my Christmas shopping spree with the family.
Russ

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/30/06 at 04:12:53
Quote Print Post  

As someone whose time and commitments really restrict my time on the water in all seasons, I have to take what time I can get. Wink

Stu

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/30/06 at 04:15:07
Quote Print Post  
Stu,

A big "Amen" to that statement. With family, church,work, fishing, and a host of other to do's it makes you appreciate the time you do get on the water with friends.

Russ

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/30/06 at 04:48:36
Quote Print Post  
Russ buddy,

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  Just heard the story last night after a interview of the son and his friend if it's the same story.  Really tragic, and hope you can find ways to honor him in your own way.  Prayers are with his family and your memories.

Chuck and Jenny Pigue

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo