Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What are you changing this year? (Read 4037 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

What are you changing this year?
11/26/06 at 17:02:26
Quote Print Post  
What are you going to change for this season to correct the problems of this past season?
I for one will be looking at my electronics as more of a tool and try to get more understanding by attending one of the Lowrance classes Jeff boyer had discussed at the club meeting.
I Was inspired by the last Bassmaster show where guys were fishing deep structure by watching the fish approach their baits on the sonar! awesome footage!

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Re: What are you changing this year?
Reply #1 - 11/26/06 at 17:20:10
Quote Print Post  
Fish Slower, Harder and really learn how to fine-tune my techniques and fish an area more throughly.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/26/06 at 19:41:09
Quote Print Post  
I'm just going to try and fish more next year! I want to fish a couple of club events, and maybe a couple of opens. As far as techniques go, I think I say this every year, but I want to continue to improve my crankbait fishing. Over the winter, I would like to try some shallow largemouth fishing, because I think there are some to catch year round.

Chris

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/26/06 at 20:32:27
Quote Print Post  
I still need to improve my deep water fishing whether it's dropshotting or dragging over structure.  I will probably invest in a better depthfinder/GPS and a dropshot rod.  Hopefully this year I can attend more fish-ins and maybe some tournaments.  I also would like to flip/pitch Silver Lake again.

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/27/06 at 04:41:54
Quote Print Post  
This is an interesting topic:

I will be focusing my efforts this winter on going back through my fishing dairy, breaking out the various lakes, for time of year, weather conditions, water temps, and also the type of presentations that were successful, gleaned from tournaments, my personal experience and word of mouth from other successful fishermen. 

From this, I will be developing a charting system for use on these lakes.  The object of this research will be to narrow my focus and improve my various slow presentations with a particular emphasis on size and color (based on light & dark), speed of retrieval, types of structure etc, to increase the odds of consistently connecting with our wily brown bass, especially on deep structure and under difficult weather conditions.

So far I have noticed certain consistencies that keep showing up and I will be anxious to explore these findings as we come into the early tournament season. 

Happy Holidays Everyone

BillB

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #5 - 11/27/06 at 05:09:06
Quote Print Post  
I resolve to NOT buy a house next year!  LOL!  Grin

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/27/06 at 15:08:58
Quote Print Post  
Change for next 07 would be to have the family-wife, daughter come with me to more of the events. Maybe have to bunk in hotels more often for their comfort.

As far as fishing goes not much to change other than relaxing more and going with my instincts (listen to the fish) if they aren't biting in an area that I have soaked completely with my baits then don't be afraid to change to new water.

Also to be fishing other events with new partners-Scholarship event, etc.

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/28/06 at 05:12:20
Quote Print Post  
Hey Russ......is'nt it time for a camper?
that way we can all hang out under your awning!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/28/06 at 17:05:34
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Now thats a good idea, but after the new Skeeter purchase and having two house payments, my own business, and a very active daughter in dance its just not in the cards.

I actually love roughing it and will only hotel it for the family when conditions and whines dictate it.

You will have to sit under Dover's awning for now.

Russ

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/02/06 at 12:34:47
Quote Print Post  
My underwear?? maybe that accounts for the lack of bites... or maybe it's just the 14 total days on the water in '06.

More time on the water

Faz

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/02/06 at 20:51:59
Quote Print Post  
Get a cheaper attorney, so I can save that money for fishing.

IP Logged

Henry_Dover
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/02/06 at 22:38:18
Quote Print Post  
Sure fella's the awning is always open, God knows there isn't an I-class payment in my future. "Russ you wild and crazy guy".

I use to only fish for Largemouth but for some reason I have been bronze back crazy for the past few years. Ya baby Flippin, Pitchin, and Crankin in 07'.

HD

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 12/03/06 at 07:07:21
Quote Print Post  
Henry,

We will let you come back to the Darker side (largemouth) anytime. Yea them smallies can be contagious.
Heck look at Chelan, I never dreamed I'd beat half these guys on smallies ever in a tourney.

It just goes to show you that you never can give up and/or  try something new.

Hey Henry lets go fishing some time,
Russ

IP Logged

Justin
Forum Member

"I caught you a delicious
bass'

Reply #13 - 12/03/06 at 18:53:51
Quote Print Post  
I want to get out bass fishing more and join this club.  Grin
And fish tournaments!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo