Normal Topic Sept. fish-in (Read 2967 times)
The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Sept. fish-in
09/05/06 at 04:27:14
Quote Print Post  
Yes!!!!!!!!! It's finally open, so grab your gear, and come on down for loads of fish and fun! Sure you may have heard that there are a few stumps and logs in this lake, but where do you think bass like to hide?? ??? DING! DING! DING! Cheesy Yep thats right, and if there was a problem it's that we don't have enough daylight to cast at them all!! Tongue See you guys there if not before!! The Weedwalker

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Corona1449
Ex Member

Re: Sept. fish-in
Reply #1 - 09/05/06 at 22:18:13
Quote Print Post  
hey i would love to go to the fish-in im not a member again yet but i will be at the next meeting. I would love to attend the fish in at kapowsin its funny cause i want to join WBC because Kapowsin is the only place i fish because i dont have a boat and i can rent one there but if its going out with you guys it should be fun. Are the fishins Non-boater friendly and where and what time is the breakfast if that is still how you meet in the morning.....

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #2 - 09/06/06 at 05:23:10
Quote Print Post  
Here is the latest info from the newsletter:

No one stays on the dock at a Fish-In. Everyone floats! You don't have to pre-arrange a back seat for Fish-Ins. If you pre-arrange something with your AmBASSador, that's OK, but just because your AmBASSador can't make it doesn't mean you can't go.   

We will be meeting for breakfast at Shari's on South Hill across from the mall at 5:00am. For those of you that have had the opportunity to have fished this lake, you can understand my excitement. For those of you who haven't, you’re in for a treat. Your flipping and pitching skills will be tested as well, as will your casting skills with a spinnerbait. We will be meeting back at the launch at 12:00pm for lunch and to  see what kind of lunkers our crew have landed, then we’ll pair back up and fish ‘til they close the gates! (or until we need to depart for whatever other reasons...)
See you there, Brian (The Weedwalker)

When:  Saturday, September 16, 2006           Where:  Lake Kapowsin
Meet at 5:00 am for breakfast… OR… meet at the launch at 6:30 am

Directions:  To Shari’s on South Hill Puyallup: Take WA-167 South. Merge onto WA-512 W toward PUYALLUP/OLYMPIA. 3.3 miles. Take the exit toward SOUTH HILL/WA-161 S/EATONVILLE. 0.3 miles. Turn LEFT onto 104TH ST E/WA-161. Continue to follow WA-161. 0.5 miles. Turn LEFT onto 37TH AVE SE.
To Launch  -
Merge onto I-405 S via the ramp on the LEFT toward RENTON. 3.9 miles
Merge onto WA-167 S via EXIT 2A toward KENT / AUBURN. 20.4 miles
Merge onto WA-512 W toward PUYALLUP / OLYMPIA. 3.4 miles
Take the exit toward SOUTH HILL / WA-161 S / EATONVILLE. 0.3 miles
Turn LEFT onto 104TH ST E / WA-161. Continue to follow WA-161.
Turn LEFT onto ORTING KAPOWSIN HWY E.
ORTING KAPOWSIN HWY E becomes ORVILLE RD E.

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Corona1449
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/06/06 at 07:35:35
Quote Print Post  
ok that answered most of my questions. lets see is it ok if i go and im not a member will be a member at the next meeting or i will sign up at the fish in if i need to. if thats ok second question is my girlfriend will be giving me a ride to the fishin we have one car and i dont want to take it for the whole day do u guys know what time u will be at kapowsin or is there anyone that i can hitch a ride with from the breakfast to the lake she will pick me up just tryin to find out what is the best way hope to see everyone there if anyone would like to get ahold of me my number is 2533325799 thank you CHAD. ohhh and on my other post yes glenn i remember who you are everyone needs a jokester in a group and you are him.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/06/06 at 12:03:04
Quote Print Post  
Chad, as a Perspective member you too are welcome.....and yes you can meet us at the breakfast or the launch whichever works for ya. These events are also a launchpad for those thinking about joining so one of us will get you to the launch from the breakfast site.
Hope to see you all there!

IP Logged

Corona1449
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/09/06 at 08:15:35
Quote Print Post  
Yes Yes and Yes i will be there i cant wait to go i hope some of the people i used to know in the club are still there but it was along time ago and i was like 14 but i cant wait to go what do i need to bring for gear i am going to buy a baitcasting rod this week cause all i have is a slimer rod but it works good for me but i want to be prepared for any fishing just wondering what the u guys and gonna want to try i have been fishing this lake for about 3 years in these months and its very very hard but thats me maybe u could show me something i hope to have fun and meet everyone Chad Grin

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/17/06 at 02:57:36
Quote Print Post  
Well...since Brian is out hunting Bambi's great cousin....here is my take on the fish-in...it was great to get out on Kapowsin....lets say...a HOT DOG of a time....and the five boats and 8 anglers were real HOT DOGS at how they approached the lake with spinnerbaits, senkos and buzzbaits.
The HOT DOG of the day was Jose with a 3-11 but it was reported that all boats caught fish...even those HOT DOG Rock Bass....overall a real HOT DOG of a day.

Can you guess what was the only thing missing?

Grin

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #7 - 09/17/06 at 04:42:54
Quote Print Post  
Hey, Larry. What did you guys have for lunch?

I know that when I go to a fish-in, I get awfully hungry and like to have something really yummy, like a bratwurst, or some chili, or a ... a .... geez, I can't remember what else we have sometimes.

Tonight my kids were hungry, so for dinner I made them some corn dogs. They wanted hot dogs, but we didn't have any.

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/17/06 at 05:31:20
Quote Print Post  
I ate 3 hot dogs at Moses today, after getting skunked  Shocked

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo