Normal Topic Motor cutting off (Read 2171 times)
Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Motor cutting off
09/01/06 at 06:30:59
Quote Print Post  
Went out to the big lake last night and my motor cut off on me twice.  It has happened before, but I didn't think nothing of it.  I was going half throttle about 3500 rpms then all of the sudden the motor stalls for a split second and the low oil light comes on?  It happens when the water is choppy and my trim is about 3/4 up.  I've checked my oil level and it's more than half.  It's a 150 yama hpdi.  Maybe I should just take it in and get it looked at.  Plus my speedo is dead as well as my gas gauge.  Any recommendation on where to get it looked at.  I was thinking Angler's marine.  Man...one thing after another. Angry

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Motor cutting off
Reply #1 - 09/01/06 at 13:38:34
Quote Print Post  
Battery connections were what I had and the main factor was the choppy water....the connection was good untill after a run down lake then things would go haywire as the connection shifted...mine was a trolling motor affected area...yours must be the cranking battery. I would also suspect a broken plate in the cranking battery.
my .02c

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/01/06 at 17:28:21
Quote Print Post  
I agree with Larry,, as I have had the same issues with loose terminals.  Yes, it can be something as simple as that.  Maybe a phone call to Auburn Sports would help, as well.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 09/02/06 at 00:33:52
Quote Print Post  
Agreed.  Sounds like a spark issue.

If you're fishing Big Lake, then I'm going to assume you live in the north end.

Bayside Marine in Everett is a certified Yamaha shop.  They know HPDI's very well.  Talk to Joel and tell him I sent you. He'll take care of ya!

Glenn

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/02/06 at 00:35:44
Quote Print Post  
He's fishing Lake Washington, but thats some good info Glenn.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/03/06 at 02:26:40
Quote Print Post  
Ditto to Joel at Bayside. When I worked at UW we drove all our boats up to Everett for service there because they were so good.

Chris

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/04/06 at 23:58:26
Quote Print Post  
I would suggest Cap Sante Marine at the North end of Lake WA. They are in Kenmore, and have done most of my electrical work. Reasonable as well. Talk to Loren,Gerry, or Chris.
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo