Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where we fishing next year? (Read 9610 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Where we fishing next year?
09/01/06 at 04:31:30
Quote Print Post  
How bout this for starters.............

April.........Sammamish.....Alt-Silver. (Draw)

May..........Chelan.....Alt-Banks.(pts-1)

June.........Long Lake.......Alt-Moses.(pts-2)

July..........Tri-Cities.......Alt-Silver.(Jack-N-Jill)

August.....Alder lake.....Alt-Moses.(pts-3)

Sept.........Potholes.......Alt-Banks.(pts-4)

October....Washington..Alt-Sammamish.(Team)

Just to keep in mind.....
F.L.W. on Tri-cities Sept.
Fed.Qual.....on Potholes in August.
plus the two or three circuits out there!

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: Where we fishing next year?
Reply #1 - 09/01/06 at 05:09:39
Quote Print Post  
Are those the final lakes picked from the meeting?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/01/06 at 13:40:24
Quote Print Post  
Nope just getting folks talking.......got any Favs?

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/01/06 at 14:27:52
Quote Print Post  
Silver Lake for the draw needs to be a given I think.  It was fun last year.

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/01/06 at 15:07:33
Quote Print Post  
How about the Tri-cities in june. Good time to fish the river. I believe they had some big weights win the northwest their last year in june. Excluding the winning weight it was still big weights. Since first was won on largemouths.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/01/06 at 16:00:51
Quote Print Post  
I would like to see the lower columbia again in August.  Had some great days fishing down there 2 yrs ago in august.  We could look at fishing further down maybe also.  Longview area could open up the Scarpoose and lower delta area's of the river.

Chelan in may or september for a change.  We have fished it in august and june.

Lets also consider priest rapids.  Camping at the State park and a launch at the north end of the lake.  It looks like a tremendous smallie fishery and a new lake most of us have never fished.

Potholes in June might be a real treat.  We always fish it in May or September, but a June tourney could be real nice.  Largemouth a little more active, and the dunes still very accesible.

A summer tourney on Washington or Sammamish would also be a nice change.  Since gas is $27.00 a gallon now  Angry  Grin  a local tourney would help out with the costs.  Also these lakes are very very good in the summer.

Silver lake in May would also be a nice change.  Water temps up and a little more active fish could help everyone catch a few more fish.

Mark

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/01/06 at 16:27:47
Quote Print Post  
Hey, I'd love to see a lower columbia tournament.  I would also like another shot at Duck in May or June.  I think the Pend O'Reille should be a stop.  I like the idea of new water just to shake things up a little.  That's if I get a couple more kitchen passes and get to fish a few more tournies.

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/01/06 at 16:59:42
Quote Print Post  
I second Mark's idea of a summer tourney on Lake Washington !

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/01/06 at 17:47:22
Quote Print Post  
April - Silver (too much tradition) - Sammamish
May - Potholes - Chelan (Week-end before Memorial Day)
June - Chelan - Banks (June tourney needs to be earlier in the month!)
July - Roosevelt or Banks (J & J)  Tons of fish either way and generally favorable by the Jills of the club!
August - Silver - Tri Cities
September - Roosevelt - (Spokane River) - Columbia R (Brewster & Okanogan R) both great SM fall fisheries

Sorry fellas.  The idea of spending summer time on WW lakes like WA, Samm and even Alder with all the pleasure boaters is not fun.  I love Silver in the summer!  The LC discussion is nice, too.  Those are great locations for fish-ins.  For our week-end events, let's take into consideration the non-fishing folks who enjoy the camping and facilities, plus the ease to operate a weigh-in should also be considered.   Given the low turn-out at Long Lake in August, we are fooling ourselves with those sorts of long trips anymore.  For most of the westside anglers, potholes, banks, chelan, columbia river are far enough.  My choice of the upper Roosevelt may be too far as well.  My 2 cents

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/01/06 at 20:21:10
Quote Print Post  
Well just to add some as too to far away. Why do we even do this then. This is our passions. I know some go families to think about. Turn one of the far tournaments into the family vacation. Fish the tourney and camp your way back home. It's that easy or that hard. Wish i could have fished a few more tourney this year but do to work couldn't. I was going to Long lake but it was inventory and no one could get it off. I'll see ya all at moses.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #10 - 09/01/06 at 21:38:21
Quote Print Post  

JUNE=CROW BUTTE!

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 09/01/06 at 21:48:53
Quote Print Post  
Hey y'all,

My opinion shouldn't matter too much here since I haven't fished many club tournies over the past two years, but I thought I would share some math with everyone and you can take away whatever you want...

I tend to run a tight budget, so I was wondering what the difference in tow vehicle gas cost would be between an Eastern WA-heavy schedule and a Western WA-heavy schedule. I did a little algebra (OUCH). The prices below are based on someone driving round trip from Federal Way getting 12 MPG and paying $3.25 for a gallon of gas:

Eastern WA-heavy schedule: Banks, Potholes, Long Lake (Spokane), Chelan, Washington, Silver, Tri-Cities.

About $675.

Western WA-heavy schedule: Silver, Sammamish, Lower Columbia (Vancouver), Potholes, Vantage, Washington (twice).

About $347.

The Western WA schedule saves about $40 per tournament. That pays for camping. Not to mention we wouldn't be camping at a few of the lakes, anyways. $40 also pays a monthly bill for me.

Kirk and others raise good points about the crowds and fun-factor on crowded urban lakes. Trust me, I will fish Eastern WA any time I get the chance! But with some tournaments closer to home it might energize the club enough to host some more fun non-tourney events, like what the Logstons have put on for two years now.

So there is more stuff to think about. I always look forward to these discussion every year. It is interesting to see how clubbers' views change, or don't change, every year.

Crap - now I felt an urge to get on a soapbox for a second. It is funny how gas prices never seem to drive our feelings on lake locations. Is it ever going to happen? Are we always going to let big oil companies have our way with us? Until we start using less fuel we're never going to see prices go down and we're never going to see better development of cleaner vehicles. There isn't any excuse for not having electric trucks by now. The technology is there but there isn't any push to make it affordable and available because we all keep gobbling up gas.

That's a long post, but what the hell, it's off my chest.

Chris

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #12 - 09/02/06 at 00:52:16
Quote Print Post  
I'm with Kirk on this one all the way, 'cept I'd flip May/June .  Kirk, you nailed it on the head.

As for long distance - I'm all for it.  I'd love to take a whack at Long Lake, since our schedule didn't permit us to go this year (had nothing to do with distance).  Now that we're shaving 45 mins off our drive time to eastern WA, nothing seems out of reach.

Duck Lake?  Are you joking?  With their permit circus?? You have to be nuts!  Now if they've changed it recently, then it might be worth considering, but I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

Carry on....

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #13 - 09/02/06 at 05:11:02
Quote Print Post  
I'd also like to see silver in April or May, or even in the fall.  I also really like Marks idea of the lower Columbia in August, out of Vancouver or Longview.  I would also like to see Riffe or Duck lake too.  I'm all for the westside schedule, because it's hard for a 17 year old to pay the big gas money to go over to Eastern Washington.  I still wouldn't mind going back to potholes though, because it seemed like everyone caught fish, and had a good time.  It also had a good turn out.  Chris seems to be right on line with my thinking.  My 2 cents.

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #14 - 09/02/06 at 05:11:25
Quote Print Post  
I like Chelan in May, but i'd like to keep Silver in April.  Now that I have boat I want to fish it again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo