Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where we fishing next year? (Read 9614 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Re: Where we fishing next year?
Reply #15 - 09/03/06 at 05:03:36
Quote Print Post  
Chris, you bring up excellent points!  There is no denying the truth in your words.  From a pure fishing perspective though, to keep and energize our club members to attend as tournaments as possible, they should be located on lakes that give all members opportunities to catch fish.  I would hate for us to miss a year at Potholes.  This place is a fishing factory and I challenge anyone to tell me a better May fishery for both LM and SM.  It is the only lake in the state with massive numbers of both species.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 09/03/06 at 06:14:52
Quote Print Post  
I agree, Kirk! Potholes should never leave the schedule as long as it is fishing like it is right now... That place is awesome. You'll notice on my example of a Western WA-heavy schedule that I still put Potholes in there  Grin And Vantage, just for you!

Chris

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 09/03/06 at 17:08:57
Quote Print Post  
I think we should go to Long Lake in late August again:)

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 09/04/06 at 16:51:56
Quote Print Post  
Kirk,

Is dead on that May at Potholes is the best fishery in the state. Where else can you bag a 15-20lb sack of either smallies or largies during May. Whether it be site fishing for largies or drop shotting the road bed for smallies its awesome. Instead of allways having a tourney the third week of the month why not have it earlier as we did one time a couple of years back.
Chelan in June-Can I say more big bags of smallies.

August and September thats wide open-Chelan,Roosevelt, Potholes. I would go east for camping and family fun anytime to get away from the crouds over here. Sure I would fish a western Wa lake, just a lot more fun east.

My .02
Russ

IP Logged

Henry_Dover
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 09/05/06 at 00:07:57
Quote Print Post  
Banks in August or September is a must. I really liked the Potholes in May, this was a fun tournament with Smallmouth bags as big or bigger than the Largemouth bags.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 09/05/06 at 00:31:36
Quote Print Post  
Silver lake for the draw is getting old to me. A great lake at a great time, but try something new. Potholes in April turns out some fish, as seen in every Open. Banks in April isn't bad either. Why not a draw on one of them?

Lake Washington in the summer may be crowded, but the fishing is good.

The end of the year team event would be nice somewhere on the eastside. Just trying to change things up a bit.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 09/05/06 at 00:33:15
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

I agree on the team event. Lets see some east side stuff. Lake Wa & Sam get real old.
Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 09/05/06 at 02:39:41
Quote Print Post  
Hey, Rob.  I miss ya, dude.  Where have ya been??  I hope all is well!!

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #23 - 09/05/06 at 03:57:18
Quote Print Post  
I really like what Chris had to say concerning the westside schedule and agree that Potholes in may is hard to beat. So here it goes,
April-Silver/Sammamish
May-Potholes (2nd weekend)/Washington
June-Vantage/lower columbia
July-Moses/Potholes
August-Alder/Riffe
Sept- Riffe/Vanage
Oct- Washington/Silver
While some of these fisheries are new during the time of year that they are proposed, they are proven to produce good bags of bass for all and exellent bags for the "lucky."  Wink  Roll Eyes As Chris mentoned earlier, this kind of schedule will also make it easier on the wallet. Brian (The Weedwalker)

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #24 - 09/05/06 at 13:56:09
Quote Print Post  
I say again:

June = CROW BUTTE!

SMITTY Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Jack
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 09/06/06 at 02:59:45
Quote Print Post  
For what its worth, Deirdre has requested that  at least half of the tournaments be close to a commercial airport!  Cheesy

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 09/06/06 at 03:06:30
Quote Print Post  
Now thats funny,

Get er Done,
Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 09/06/06 at 03:34:50
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,
I would not mind crow butte at all.  It could be a very fun event.
KH

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 09/07/06 at 00:05:12
Quote Print Post  
Just got unemployed, so I am broke. Can't afford the 5 a gallon in gas or whatever it is nowadays. It's alright, just another trophy I won't take from the club  Wink

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 09/14/06 at 00:18:33
Quote Print Post  
to smitty's proposal.  i have fished just below the crow butte area at maryhill in september and the fishing was pretty good.  no major navigation issues and hard fighting river smallies.  weather was a little rough but it's a good fishery.  and the campground were we stayed was pretty nice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo