Normal Topic Lake Pend Oreille, ID (Read 2237 times)
Andrea L
WBC Member

Lake Pend Oreille, ID
09/01/06 at 03:32:37
Quote Print Post  
Yes, we know -- Lake Pend Oreille is a little further than Eastern Washington . . .

After the Long Lake tourney we went over to Lake Pend Oreille in Idaho with Stu, Samantha & Karpenko kids and had just an awesome time getting to know their whole family.  

We camped at Farragut State Park (ex US Navy Training Station from 1942-46) which has beautiful campsites and an awesome boat launch at the very south end of the lake -- we only spent a few hours on the lake on Monday afternoon, but Lyle was able to hook up with a couple of smallies while the kids & I swam.  The water is crystal clear and was around 72 degree's.  

We definitely want to go back and spend alot more time on the lake exploring around, it is 43 miles long and goes to depths of 1100 feet . . . the kids are for it also as long as we throw in another day at the Silverwood Theme Park Smiley

Definitely a great experience for us, with more great memories made and shared with the Karpenko family.

Thanks Stu & Samantha!

Lyle & Andrea

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: Lake Pend Oreille, ID
Reply #1 - 09/01/06 at 04:08:45
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the post, Andrea.  We have been wondering how it went!  I did see the Karpenko's heading west this week, while on my way home. 

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/01/06 at 13:24:44
Quote Print Post  
Hey Andrea

I grew up on that lake and it also has a nice Largemouth population pretty much on the western shore area where there are slough's and Pack River delta near Hope, Rocky Point, Kootenai slough, Sand Creek slough etc.  Also the Pend O'reille River is good for Smallies and Largemouth down near Dover alot of flooded area and sloughs.  Alot of water to cover is you do not know your way around.

BillB

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/04/06 at 16:42:31
Quote Print Post  
I have heard the river portion produces 5 fish bags over 35 lbs in spring, best times are in May when the water levels are high.
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo