Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Moses Lake (Read 11702 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: Moses Lake
Reply #15 - 09/14/06 at 20:52:29
Quote Print Post  
Ray Henning and I will be there...... 22lbs will be our winning weight! (one of us..... don't care which one)

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 09/15/06 at 01:18:17
Quote Print Post  
Cant go since my some of my family is coming over and going to the Seahawks game on sunday.

I WISH I COULD GO THOUGH!!!! I will certainly be there for the team tourney, no doubt.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 09/15/06 at 02:28:38
Quote Print Post  
Nick it is the 23-24th...or do you mean the giants game?

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 09/15/06 at 23:22:50
Quote Print Post  
Hey Nick, sorry you have to sit thru that torture  Roll Eyes. The Smallies should have the feed bags on... Wink

Carlos

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 09/18/06 at 02:54:54
Quote Print Post  
Just got back from prefishing Moses! ??? Undecided Cry Angry Sad     ENUF said.

Mark

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 09/18/06 at 02:58:52
Quote Print Post  
Ok, here is the real skinny.  IT WAS TUFF....  Russ, Mark, Rick G, Bob Paysno, Jim R. and myself didn't sore mouth to many fish.  Mostly smaller fish, smallies and a couple of largemouth to show for the time on the water.  Typical suspects of drop shot, leadheads and carolina for the few small smallies caught.  Jig for the largemouth for me.  Typical 18 to 25 ft for the smallies.......

My guess for the weight will be right around 18lbs for the win unless things change dramatically over the next week.  ( Fat chance )

Mark

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 09/18/06 at 03:04:56
Quote Print Post  
It is the Giants Game, Went to the Cardinals game today, Real Good Game, good defense!

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 09/18/06 at 04:10:34
Quote Print Post  
Maybe we should move the tournament to the far south end of Moses.  I think its called the Potholes Arm...

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #23 - 09/18/06 at 05:04:40
Quote Print Post  
I was thinking the same thing Doug, as I was skunked on Moses early saturday.  Went over to Potholes and got 2 dinks in 4 hours believe it or not.  Its going to be a Tournament to remember.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 09/19/06 at 00:44:26
Quote Print Post  
Ray Henning and I were also there on Friday and Saturday to prefish and pretty much found the same as everyone else....not a lot!!!!!

I'm beginning to think 10 fish for 3.5lbs will win with 6 fish for 1 lb as second!!!!! Big fish - about 13ounces!!

Faz

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 09/19/06 at 01:13:25
Quote Print Post  
I agree this tournament is going to be tough.  I think Mark is right- 18lbs will take this tournament unless the weather changes enough to get the fish on the feed bag.

Columbia Basin Bass club was also having a tourney on Moses last weekend and it appeared to me they weren't fairing much better then us.  Russ B. did however talk to a guy on Saturday after the weigh-in and he said someone caught a 6.71 Largemouth.  I think that guy was in first place with about 14+ lbs... correct me Russ if I'm wrong.   They had about 15 boats participating in the tournament.

The weather was nice and sunny in the afternoon with a little wind coming up in the afternoon.   8) Water temp was about 67 degrees according to Rick's gauges.  Saturday morning was quite cold however.....39 degrees...brrrr!

By the way, Henry and Angie Dover were also there.  Henry...I hope everthing went smoothly on your way home- Did your trailer bearings hold up? ???

Bob

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 09/19/06 at 01:46:41
Quote Print Post  
Mark/Bob,

Tough is not the word for it, more like Dave Jarrels saying,"SuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuCK". The guy I spoke with had 13.9 lbs and he was leading it. He said the guy with the 6.71 largie and a 2-1/2 smallie was the guy who knew the lake the best out of their entire club and he was near the bottom. I have never had this kind of humbled experience ever on this lake and after speaking with several locals who said it has been this tough since June has me thinking that the winning weights may be around 15lbs or less.

Now my best 5 for both days was around 7-8lbs and that was all smallies. I stuck 3 over 2lbs on one hole and the rest were just under a pound.

As far as temps go we found 61-65% all over the lake.

The weather was good other than cold on saturday morning (39) and 65-70 during the day, but the weather has to stabilize for it to get better. I fished from 8" to 30 feet and it didn't make any differnece as far as my patterns were going. Fishing was just plain tough.

All I can say for now is "Good Luck to All"

Russ

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 09/20/06 at 17:12:57
Quote Print Post  
Sounds fun to me anyway.  Wink

I'm sending out the invite for the Saturday night poker game. I'm working on getting the poker chips from Rob so bring a few extra dollars if this sounds like fun to you. Warden Lake campground has a great clubhouse so we are hooked up as far as place to play. Can you say "All In"? 8)

Carlos

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 09/20/06 at 18:30:16
Quote Print Post  
Carlos,

I'm saying all in for Russ Baker. In fact I think I will up my anti for weight. I am feeling the Mojo Master is going to romp with 26lbs and the win. Be vewwy, vewwy, afraid kuz Madero's you are going down.
Russ

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 09/20/06 at 18:40:39
Quote Print Post  
I am very excited for this tournament to see if someone can crack the code will be very interesting to watch the weigh-in.

BillB

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo