Normal Topic Spanaway Lake (Read 677 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Spanaway Lake
07/24/06 at 16:11:46
Quote Print Post  
I had finnally had enough.  Cabin Fever.  Even though my big  motor wasn't working I decided to go out for a couple hours on Spanaway and use the trolling motor.  Shades of Rocky Senior.

So my wife and I went out.  Got on the water around 8 A.M.  By 10 had a couple 1 1/2 to 2 lbers.  Several dinks.  Was using grubs and senko's around the docks.  I had seen the Fisheries boat out in the middle, chasing Skiers, etc.

Anyway, about noon I dropped a brown w/ chart. tail Senko in under a pontoon boat and got blasted.  Played the fish for a few minutes and happened to look over my shoulder and who should appear?  Nope it wasn't Santa.

It was the Fisheries Cops.  Finally got the fish in.  It was a nice 3.5 lber LM.  Had Dottie take some pictures.  One of the guys says that it was a really nice fish.  I told him that we practiced CPR.  He looked at me funny and I told him that was CATCH, PHOTOGRAPH and RELEASE.

After I let the fish go he asks if we had licenses.  I usually carry our licenses in my wallet but when I go out with someone I leave my wallet with my wheelchair, which was back at the launch.  BUTT for some unknown reason I had put my wallet in the boat this time.  So I start digging thru my wallet and can't FIND the darn things.  I asked him if a $100 dollar bill would do?   NO SENSE OF HUMOR AT ALL!!

I finally found the licenses.  WHEW!!!  I don't know what made me bring my wallet but  someone was looking out for me.

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo