Normal Topic Steele Lake..Federal Way. (Read 1307 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Steele Lake..Federal Way.
07/20/06 at 04:17:40
Quote Print Post  
Going out to Steele Lake in Federal way in AM will post a report by afternoon or at the meeting.

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Re: Steele Lake..Federal Way.
Reply #1 - 07/20/06 at 04:58:08
Quote Print Post  
I'll be at North Lake too.  Good luck

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/21/06 at 02:23:32
Quote Print Post  
Fished Steele from 7:30 till 4 heres what happened....
Started fishing topwaters....first time for both anglers on this small lake. Matt, my partner at work is on his first Bass fishing trip. Matt is rigged with a Heddon Torpedo and i with a black buzzbait.
at 8:30 we breakdown to Senko's and slow down to work the docks....the water is 70 degrees at start and up to 72 at 9am.
still working senkos....finally a BITE! ....Red-eared Sunfish bedding........after working through to the far side of the lake near the Lily Pad fields......as I am helping Matt re-tie his rig...my line goes tight and I set on a nice 2-1/2 lb largie.
No other fish by noon......not even dinks..........unless you count slimers...one slimer at 1-1/2 lbs. on a Senko..
After a re-tool to spinnerbaits by 1:30 still no bass.....but again....as we are Yakkin!......a 5+ pound Largemouth runs to the pads but is turned and netted only to be found Gut-shot!...GRRRRRRRR.....after cutting the line and a quick release we do not see the fish re-surface so hopefully all is well with her.
In summary...........
2 Largemouth for 7-1/2 pounds, 1 Rainbow Trout for 1-1/2 pounds and one Redeared Sunfish for 5 ounces.
Okay for a short trip but might just kick out some bucks for parking at Coulon!

IP Logged

T_Dot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/23/06 at 04:30:16
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Fished Steele from 7:30 till 4 heres what happened....
Started fishing topwaters....first time for both anglers on this small lake. Matt, my partner at work is on his first Bass fishing trip. Matt is rigged with a Heddon Torpedo and i with a black buzzbait.
at 8:30 we breakdown to Senko's and slow down to work the docks....the water is 70 degrees at start and up to 72 at 9am.
still working senkos....finally a BITE! ....Red-eared Sunfish bedding........after working through to the far side of the lake near the Lily Pad fields......as I am helping Matt re-tie his rig...my line goes tight and I set on a nice 2-1/2 lb largie.
No other fish by noon......not even dinks..........unless you count slimers...one slimer at 1-1/2 lbs. on a Senko..
After a re-tool to spinnerbaits by 1:30 still no bass.....but again....as we are Yakkin!......a 5+ pound Largemouth runs to the pads but is turned and netted only to be found Gut-shot!...GRRRRRRRR.....after cutting the line and a quick release we do not see the fish re-surface so hopefully all is well with her.
In summary...........
2 Largemouth for 7-1/2 pounds, 1 Rainbow Trout for 1-1/2 pounds and one Redeared Sunfish for 5 ounces.
Okay for a short trip but might just kick out some bucks for parking at Coulon!

sweet i might check out this lake sometime soon

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo