Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) LM Record (Read 3219 times)
Baslayr
Ex Member

LM Record
07/03/06 at 15:17:40
Quote Print Post  
It might come out in the next few days, but I'll break the news. Jerry and a couple of other bassers saw maybe the new state record at 11.9. It was on the guys' scale and he said the scale was spot on. He was doing the paper work thing for a record,WDFW, and bringing it to Albertson's for a true weigh. Jerry said he doesn't think it was over 11, (not that it wasn't a giant fish). We'll see if it was a record in the next 2 weeks or so. It doesn't matter what lake it was, there is many lakes that have fish that big, you just have to do the leg work.
« Last Edit: 07/03/06 at 20:10:39 by »  

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: LM Record
Reply #1 - 07/04/06 at 02:25:30
Quote Print Post  
Dude,
Great post, but thinking that not naming the lake is going to get folks like me coming over from Ellensburg to fish, well, it just ain't happening.  You gotta give the details.  You sort of left us hanging.  Everyone shares details.  If as you say, they are all over in every lake then what is the big deal?  Should be easy to catch, then.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/04/06 at 17:00:47
Quote Print Post  
Yeah, why everyone is hounding that lake, you can fish all the other good ones that have giant fish that haven't been caught. I think we all know or at least think we know several lakes around the state that would hold a state record. Most are probably small and have limited boat access or "no motor" regulations anyhow. I think there are more 11-12 pounders in more than just one lake around the Puget Sound area. I honesty believe lakes like Desire, Meridian, and some of the Federal Way lakes have giants in them, not to mention the Lacey area  lakes and Kapowsin area lakes. Plus good ole Silver Lake...can't forget her.

I think the lake name would come out at some point anyhow, especially if it is a state record. Knowing the lake is just a curiosity amongst most of us, not so we can hound the lake away from others. Knowing would also help target similar lakes (water clarity, forage, depth) for other nice fish.  

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/05/06 at 00:22:39
Quote Print Post  
HAHA, secrets out.

http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=longlakebassclu&showtopic=32...;

If his scale is dead on, I sure hope they got more pics than this.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/05/06 at 02:47:39
Quote Print Post  
Even though the pic is somewhat blurred due to the shade it looks nowhere near an 11 lber. I would guess somewhere in the 9-10lb range.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/05/06 at 17:24:43
Quote Print Post  
It doesn't even look that big. 8 lbs top from the pictures, especially this late in the year.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/05/06 at 18:50:14
Quote Print Post  
Got the report from F&H news that it did not beat the record. Actual weight was 11-2 and it was caught in a northern Skagit county lake not at Patterson.
Russ

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/06/06 at 00:16:13
Quote Print Post  
Hawg size fish.  I want to see better pictures of it, can't wait to see them.  Thanks for the update Russ.

IP Logged

jwil
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/06/06 at 05:24:43
Quote Print Post  
You guys are talking about two completely different fish.  The 11-2 was caught up north about a month ago.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/06/06 at 13:04:32
Quote Print Post  
No, Russ was referring to the wrong fish. I saw that one too. Neither look as big as they claim, but I guess that's pictures for ya. The fish I am holding to the left was only 8-8 and looks as big as both of them. 3 more pounds to that fish would make it look alot bigger....

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/06/06 at 13:26:37
Quote Print Post  
Your right Rob that pic looks as though you are holding a 10-11lber
Russ

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #11 - 07/10/06 at 03:54:03
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Dude,
Great post, but thinking that not naming the lake is going to get folks like me coming over from Ellensburg to fish, well, it just ain't happening.   

Well Kirk, they might not come from that far, but they will beat the snot out of it.  I recall when a 10 1/2 lb largemouth was caught out of Goodwin.  When word got out, it got beat to death!  Pretty much ruined the lake for about a decade.

It's sad because y'all are right, there's a lot of lakes with record potential.  It's just terrible to see a great fishery siphoned dry after word of a big fish gets out.

IP Logged

Jerry
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/10/06 at 06:02:23
Quote Print Post  
What Glenn said

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo