Normal Topic GAMMA Line (Read 2551 times)
DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

GAMMA Line
06/15/06 at 18:27:33
Quote Print Post  
I do not particularly like to come on the club website and tout the products I represent as a ProStaffer.  However, there has been some conversation already regarding Gamma Line, so I thought I'd give you some of my impressions.

Since mid-February I have been fishing the 8# and 12# test lines.  They both have performed exceptionally well in all the fishing conditions we face here in the Northwest.  I was particularly impressed with how well the 12# held up against the tulies during a recent tournament I fished on the California Delta.  I am waiting on my allotment of fluorocarbon line to try it.  From what I've experienced so far this line is going to replace everything but the 40# braid I use for frog fishing.  My fellow ProStaffers with whom I've talked about this product are equally impressed.

Today I ran across a couple of articles on the website of BassFan that were very positive so I have provided the links for you to read up on this line.  Read them and decide for yourself.

BTW if Nick still has his samples available for $5.00 per spool, that is a great buy, as the filler spools retail for $8.99.

http://www.bassfan.com/reviews_article.asp?ID=87

http://www.bassfan.com/reviews_article.asp?ID=75

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: GAMMA Line
Reply #1 - 06/15/06 at 18:42:41
Quote Print Post  
I have liked Gamma line. I recently put 8 lb test on instead of the Ande I have been using for years. I was a little stronger, but had a lot less memory. I pulled up a hufe limb off the bottom once with it. I was content with breaking off, but the line held and brought the snag up and I got my grub back.

Carlos and I tested the 2 against each other one night. We wrapped it (the 2 lines) around each other one time and pulled to see which line would pull through the other and Gamma won everytime. We also tried it against some P-line. Same results. I think this stuff is the real deal.  
« Last Edit: 06/16/06 at 17:14:36 by »  

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/15/06 at 19:55:33
Quote Print Post  
I am enjoying the benefits of the  8+ product.  I am a real tough sell when it comes to fishing line, but my usual products have begun to present some issues for me and I thought it was time to "step" out.  Thanks for the tips, Smitty, it looks like it is working just fine.

Rob and Carlos - If you guys are "wrapping" each other in fishing line, I am clearing out.  Hmm.........all in the name of "science" I guess.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/15/06 at 20:38:26
Quote Print Post  
Rob~

I think you need to proof what you write before you post it. Lips Sealed Tongue

Don't worry Kirk like you said all in the name of science.

Carlos

BTW...I love the gamma line! It's VERY strong. The only thing is trying to break it when your snagged. A nice problem to worry about I guess.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

I'll drink to that!"

Reply #4 - 06/15/06 at 21:18:16
Quote Print Post  
8# test Gamma has an actual test strength of 15 lbs and 10# a test strength of 17.5lbs.

Gamma Technologies neither recommends or endorses the practice of  ???"Wrapping" ???.  Gamma is not responsible for any injuries that may result from this practice be it a scientific experiment or lifestyle choice.  
Gamma does not intend for this disclaimer to be interpreted as a statement pro or con about any type of "lifestyle" users of Gamma products may be in. Shocked  The individual whims and fantasies that all humans exhibit should be considered neither "strange" or "unusual"  Grin, but rather an expression of one's  personal preferences. Roll Eyes

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/15/06 at 23:09:01
Quote Print Post  
smitty,

are there any retailers around the puget sound or do you have to order it?

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

I'll drink to that!"

Reply #6 - 06/16/06 at 14:50:45
Quote Print Post  
Auburn Sports & Marine should have it on their shelves by now.  I think Outdoor Emporium is also going to handle it.

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/16/06 at 15:58:40
Quote Print Post  
Good one Smitty. I like your disclaimer but I'm still gonna wrap! Tongue

Carlos

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

I'll drink to that!"

Reply #8 - 06/16/06 at 21:09:32
Quote Print Post  
"To wrap or not to wrap, that is the question".

Whatever lifestyle 8)...er use you and Rob choose to utilize with Gamma line is fine with us.  We are just happy to see it being utilized by anglers & perv---ts around the country. Grin

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo