Normal Topic Ponds on CWU Campus? (Read 2370 times)
Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Ponds on CWU Campus?
06/15/06 at 16:03:07
Quote Print Post  
I will be attending football camp this next week and its at Central WA U. and Its an open campus if you stay within the confines or close to the campus. We get 3-4 hours of free time in the evening and was wondering if there were any Bass Ponds on or really close to campus?

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Re: Ponds on CWU Campus?
Reply #1 - 06/15/06 at 18:35:16
Quote Print Post  
nick,
I just so happened to graduate from cwu in 2003, and did my share of fishing over there. Most all the lakes over there do contain bass, however; I would focus on the Woodhouse ponds. They are loaded with every type of spiny ray youd think of. If it's not to windy "HA" you will see many 5lb + largies cruising. These ponds are small and high pressured, so use different  presentations. My favorite pond is the one that looks the roundest and has a barb wire fence near it. To get there take canyon road south to the woodhouse loop. There are a series of ponds, but try the one mentioned. To bad your camp wasnt sooner, because peoples pond is loaded with 2-3lbers, but closed to fishing may 15th. Good luck .....Chad S.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: Ponds on CWU Campus?
Reply #2 - 06/15/06 at 19:58:55
Quote Print Post  
Nick,
Let me know exactly when you are there.  I live five miles from CWU and perhaps we could get down to Vantage after camp for some jumbo SM fishing.  It is prime time right now down there.  There are a couple of other spots to try as well around the valley.  Send me a PM.
Kirk

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo