Normal Topic lake washington (Read 3393 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

lake washington
06/07/06 at 14:56:30
Quote Print Post  
So I hit washington yesterday after team pork and cheese's less than stellar finish at the northwest tourney their, I had been really frustrated by the big lake this spring.  I decided to look for smallie bedding area's .  The conditions were great for seeing bed's.  Not expecting to see fish on beds though just scouting areas that held beds this spring to get more info for next season.  I manange to find a great stretch that held about 25 beds in a 200 yr stretch and found two fish still holding to beds.  Manged 7 fish total for the day.  Nothing big but wasn't trying to find post spawn fish.  Caught fish on a variety of lures.  Drop shot, spinnerbait, grub, and senko.  Gave me some confidence for next spring though.

Mark

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: lake washington
Reply #1 - 06/12/06 at 00:08:01
Quote Print Post  
Went to Lake WA 9:30am-3:30.  Caught most of my fish in the same small area.  8 fish total, biggest 3-0 and 5 between 2-3 lbs.  Good day for sure.  Fish are fighting hard already, and throwing up all sorts of good stuff when hooked  Smiley  All on drop shot.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/12/06 at 00:17:46
Quote Print Post  
i was out there today too.  never really fish washington and never really found any pattern.  caught most of my fish on grubs around docks. biggest was a little shy of two pounds

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/18/06 at 22:33:15
Quote Print Post  
Fished lake washington on Sat. with Bob B. and we tried to stick to Lake Union and Portage bay.
Got 7 fish biggest was 3-7 all smallies but only one after 2pm.
However the day was still a "Hoot" as we and Chris B. and his buddy went to Hooters and parked right in front dockside and watched part of the soccer game and then went to Gasworks Park area just in time for the sudden attack of the candid nudists who raided the New Orleans festival there........hmmmmm.......not often will I yell at nudists to "Put your clothes on!" Seattle needs to stay dressed!..........EWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Tongue

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/19/06 at 00:07:38
Quote Print Post  
Did the nudey thing happen before we showed up, or after we left?  Either way, glad I didn't have to see that.  It would have soured my day after seeing the beauties at the Hoot.

As for my fishing, I got a few small bass, mostly while fishing the entrance to portage, around the graphitti.  I did get a nice largemouth, about 2 lbs near a sign that said "fish ladder" whoops.  Came around a slight corner, and got hit hard on a spinnerbait as soon as it hit the water.  After taking pics I saw the sign.  I got out 400 feet away soon after. Smiley

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/19/06 at 04:18:52
Quote Print Post  
Oh.....after the trip, on the way home....the heater core on my van decided to start spraying antifreeze all over the floor and with the help of the intrepid Bob Brownlee it is up and running and ready for Chelan!

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #6 - 06/19/06 at 13:53:44
Quote Print Post  
I decided to target LM's on Sunday.  I pounded every pad area and other structure that I had previously caught LM's on on Sunday.  Hoping for a frog bite I fished two different models incessantly with only 1 blowup and a small SMALLMOUTH ??? to show for my efforts.  I did see 1 solitary LM cruiser that would not be enticed by even my most succulent lizard.  So much for plan A. Undecided

Plan B involved shallow water docks, Senko's, & tube baits.  While slow this worked much better with a 4.2 Smallie and numerous other fish in the 2 lb range.  It turned out to be a long but fruitful day that surprisingly wasn't crowded on Lk. WA. Smiley

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/21/06 at 07:08:29
Quote Print Post  
Still fighting a cold, I went to out this morning without a single bite for a few hours.  I figure what better way to get rid of a cold by catching a few fish.  Well, that didn't happen and my cold and back pain got worse and forced me to get out of the water earlier than planned.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/21/06 at 18:37:57
Quote Print Post  
I went out on washington yesterday 4:30-8:30 pm.  Couldn't get anything going, 2 dinks thats it.  Some missed bites, probably perch.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/04/06 at 06:55:03
Quote Print Post  
Went out to Lake Washington after work.  Got the boat right in at Coulon, showed up around 4:45 pm, there was a few parking spots left also.  Got 2 nice smallies in the east channel, 3-15 and a 3-14.  One on dropshot, other on carolina rig.  Also got a pair of 12-13 inchers and a bunch of dinks and perch.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo