Normal Topic Colunbia Basin Bass Club Meeting (Read 1241 times)
champ206
Forum Member

Colunbia Basin Bass Club Meeting
06/05/06 at 00:29:36
Quote Print Post  
Hello fellow club members.
As some of you know I have relocated to Kennewick, Wa. Last Tuesday I went to the Columbia Basin Bass Club (biggest Bass Club in Wa. as per web site)meeting.  I got there and wondered around and took a seat. After setting there for 15 min and a gentleman came up and asked if I was a visitor, yes I replied. He ask my name and wrote it on a piece of paper and handed me a purple ticket and said the have a drawing at the end of the meeting. I sat there and listened to their new and old bus(5 min). No minutes from last meeting or Treasury report. The VP said they had a guest and read my name and on to entertainment. The entertainment which was the top 5 finishers from the last club tournament. 1st and 2nd place was 1/100 of a pound differance. 1st and 2nd place was probably there 2 best fishermen from what people said. They had their raffle  drawing(7 items) and meeting was over in 50 min.
After the meeting ever body got into there groups. I know I am not probably the most outgoing person But for no one to even said high, who are you? or go to hell. That was quit and experience.
I was in Western Bass club for 11 year and can not remember a guest being treated so cold and up most to think that would happen. Western does have there clicks and there groups but at least people make a effort to say Hi to new faces.
I am not done yet. I am going back next month and I am at least going to give them another opportunity to say Hi or what ever.
« Last Edit: 06/05/06 at 14:31:26 by champ206 »  

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: Colunbia Basin Bass Club Meeting
Reply #1 - 06/05/06 at 02:00:50
Quote Print Post  
Hey,
Tri-Cities huh?  Not a bad place for a bass fisherman.  Isn't there another tri-cities club?  Washington River Runners or something.  If nothing else, Potholes Bass Club is a decent group.  Tough getting to the meetings, but still a good group of folks.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/05/06 at 02:04:16
Quote Print Post  
Hang in there champ..  I know the feeling.  When I first started back into bass fishing, I attended a meeting at a bass club in Federal Way, and it was three meetings later that I decided to find another.  Never was introduced, the President was more interested in selling his product at the store and if you didn't have a bass boat, you weren't really noticed either.  Not going on, but they no longer exist and the President is out of business and I haven't heard of him since, so it goes to show that treating members and visitors is a very big deal, and WBC does it better than most.  CLicks will always exist but they shouldn't.  It goes to show how easily we all group into smaller clicks to serve our own ego's.  I personally find clicks offensive and self serving.  They don't promote anything except separatism (SP?).  Give em another chance.  Hope your relocation is working out and you can enjoy that part of the world (HA HA HA)  Take care.

CP

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/05/06 at 02:15:37
Quote Print Post  
John,

Does not surprise me one bit. Sad to hear it, but not surprised. Just because you have moved to the otherside doesn't mean you have to change. Heck look at Kirk, He still is a WBCer and living in E-Burg.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/06/06 at 04:56:43
Quote Print Post  
By the way, I saw you fishing the dam at Potholes last weekend. Boat looked good...

Anyhow, WBC does have clicks, but there are no walls around them and that is the big difference. I think it is more of groups of people that just happen to be closer friends with each other than with most. That doesn't really count as a click. And nobody is shut out from the groups that form. I see people mingle around all the groups that gather, especially at the tournaments. WBC and it's members rock...

Sorry to hear about the negative experience Jon. Hopefully they pull their heads out and meet a great guy who is pretty nice and dang funny! Not to mention fun and one of the most laid back guys I have met. You had me rolling at the jack and Jill at Moses Lake. Good luck.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo