Normal Topic Tapps (Read 2145 times)
Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Tapps
05/03/06 at 03:44:05
Quote Print Post  
Fished Lake Tapps today with Henry. Caught a few small fish. But old Henry pulled a big one out of his rear end. He caught a 40" 21-03 Tiger Muskie! I am sure that nobody has a net that big in their boat. I know that I didn't. We still got it in the boat and just stood there and looked at it.

I must have ran to the front of the boat to the back 3 times before I finally netted it. After all was said and done, I had shoe marks on my seats, Tiger Muskie slime on all of my seats, and one broken Lamiglass rod ( I stepped on Henry's rod and broke it running around the boat like a 4 year old). It was worth it to see and hold that fish.

Tiger Muskie must have teeth or something sharp in their gills, because we were both bleeding after all was said and done. Again , worth it.

Fish was released to bite waterskiers, jet skiers, wake boarders and anybody else that bothers bass fisherman when they are fishing!!!

Mike

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: Tapps
Reply #1 - 05/03/06 at 04:21:53
Quote Print Post  
That sounds like a hell of a fight.  I don't know about the sharp stuff in the gills, just hope you didn't try to lip it  Shocked

IP Logged

Baslayr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/03/06 at 20:04:03
Quote Print Post  
Yes, they do have sharp gills. Since we fish out of float -tubes we don't use a net and sometimes the gills are the only way to grab them (lightly).

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/03/06 at 21:37:13
Quote Print Post  
The question under your screen name sums it up pretty good.  Your crazy haha.

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #4 - 05/04/06 at 03:21:49
Quote Print Post  
Fished Tapps today. Caught smallmouth up to 3.9 lbs. .  I stared with crank baits from 9 to 10 am and no luck. Switched to twin tail grub and caught 5 fish in nest 1.5hrs. Talked to another fisherman and yesterday where hitting Crankbaits but not to dayOff water at 11:30. Went home and started packing gurage(moving to Tri-Cities in 5/12). Most likly last tirp to Tapps, moving boat on friday 5/5

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/04/06 at 04:10:30
Quote Print Post  
Tri-Cities huh John? You will be getting alot more time in the Wallula pool and Potholes then ! WHOOOOO  HOOOOOOOOO!  Grin Wink

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/04/06 at 16:09:44
Quote Print Post  
Good job Hank! You too net boy sounds like a lot of fun!

Carlos

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo