Normal Topic Let the games begin!!! (Read 1376 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Let the games begin!!!
05/01/06 at 23:24:47
Quote Print Post  
So after our last outing in October, Keri and I set forth on the home search.  Never did we think it would be so grueling and time-consuming!  Once one set of questions are answered, another set pops up.  And then there is the paperwork. Oy!!  I'm glad we're in the final phases now.

Needless to say, fishing got put aside for 7 months.  Shocked

But it puts things in perspective.  Fishing is... fun.  That's the core premis.  Tournaments are enjoyable and the competition exciting, but all of that is just gravy.... and even without it, just getting out on the water and enjoying fishing with your friends is what it's all about.

So what do I expect to do this tournament season?

my ONE goal is to:

1 LEARN SOMETHING
2 NOT GET SKUNKED
3 HAVE FUN

That's it... no unreasonable expectations... no predictions of big bass, how much weight it will take to win, or worry about how many will show up, or anything else... just wanna have some fun and FISH!!!!

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Re: Let the games begin!!!
Reply #1 - 05/02/06 at 03:41:15
Quote Print Post  
Glenn,  you always know what to say to bring us back to the real purpose of the club,,,Thanks for another reminder

CP

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/07/06 at 03:42:20
Quote Print Post  
Glen,

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/07/06 at 04:35:59
Quote Print Post  
Glenn et al,
Well spoken.  I have your number 1 and 3 everytime I log on here, so that should make 2 pretty easy come the 19-20.  NOT!  I know how all my planning and thinking can go.  Anyway, your goals mirror mine.  I would like to add a fourth, and that is to go "old school" and too trust my instincts this year.  Seems that when I had that great year two years ago, every decision I made on the water turned to gold.  Last year, I did not make those same adjustments when the conditions changed.  I will NOT do that again.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo