Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Bass Boat Dealerships (Read 3744 times)
Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Bass Boat Dealerships
04/26/06 at 04:16:42
Quote Print Post  
If you had a wish to see new Bass Boat dealerships here in the Northwest, who would you like to see?  I've basically eliminated Triton, Ranger, Pro Craft, Skeeter, Champion and possibly Stratos.  

I'm doing business research and would like any and all input?

What about Nitro/Tracker?  Legend?  Bass Cat?  Charger?  Gambler? Blazer? G3? Stroker? 

What's missing with your current dealership?  Service issues (ie tech training or turn around time) Parts? Too busy to take care of Bass Boats vs Salt Water?  Tackle?  What would make you go elsewhere (regardless of price diferences-we all would like cheaper prices)

If you want to reply or give me a call, please do so.  I will compile this information without names or any current dealerships or participants.  I am using this information for personal reasons and not to exploit the membership or our supporters.

Thanks,

Chuck

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: Bass Boat Dealerships
Reply #1 - 04/26/06 at 04:22:47
Quote Print Post  
BassCat Dealer- American Northwest Outdoors.
Fruitland Idaho, 6250 HWY 95 SO. (208) 452-2289
Jim Wells is the owner.  He was an awesome guy for my purchase.  Truthfully I haven't talked to him since I picked the boat up on the Columbia for the test drive.  Haven't had any problems, and if I do I go to the BassCat members message board for answers, Rick pierce will personally answer your question online.  Legend? forget about them  Tongue  How about a Stroker?  I'll be your best friend if you get one of those  Grin

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/26/06 at 04:51:11
Quote Print Post  
I would Certainly like to see a Legend Dealer up here.
Legends are some Awesome Boats.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #3 - 04/26/06 at 13:38:07
Quote Print Post  
Nearly a year ago I was in Mtn. Home Arkansas to interview for a position with Legend Boats.  I met personally with one of the owners, Darrell Jantzen.  To be truthful I was more than impressed with their philosophy as well as their product.  They make a great boat that would suit the needs of many out here.  If marketed right, Legend would be very competitive with the established boat lines.  Unfortunately we could not come to an agreement on some issues and I elected to stay loyal to Stratos.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/26/06 at 15:03:15
Quote Print Post  
An actual ProCraft dealer would be nice...Nixons I believe...but could be wrong....no longer carries ProCraft...also would be nice if they were closer.
With their attachment to Tracker Marine Group I believe they could do a combined dealership and also carry the Tahoe line to satisfy the pleasure boaters, Nitro, Avalanche, Bass Tracker and V-Hull Walleye lines for all else.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/26/06 at 22:30:22
Quote Print Post  
Chuck,
Although you have eliminated Skeeter from your research, I will say this.  The level of service that I currently recieve from Nixon's marine has been outstanding.  I can (and have) place a call from anywhere I am at during regular business hours and they have responded.  As a two time customer with them, I have also been given cellphone numbers of mechanics and have had simple stuff like batteries, fuel pumps and prop equipment, DELIVERED to sites I was fishing so as not to interupt my fishing experience.  I am not sure if I am the right guy to respond, but if ever an outfit wanted to earn my trust and loyalty, they have done it.  I am not sure, other than location, that they could be improved upon IMHO.  Great Post.

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/27/06 at 00:50:23
Quote Print Post  
I recently bought a Nitro 591 through Gonnasons.  They became a Nitro dealer a few months ago.  Fred has been very helpful!

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #7 - 04/27/06 at 03:19:09
Quote Print Post  
I second GOTFIVE.  I, for better or for worse, have bought 4 (or is it 5, or it might be 6 boats) from Nixons in Wall Walla.  Jeff has met me at the shop on Sunday at 5 PM to accomodate my schedule.  He took a boat back, shortly after my divorce and I didn't even lose my "shorts".  But, to answer your question, if I had a choice of a really close boat yard to look at, I'd pick either Stroker or Blazer, but just to look at, my beat up old Ranger is paid in full and cost me $13 for insurance every month.  Floats, runs, AND PAID FOR!  Now that's my "dream boat".

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/27/06 at 03:26:21
Quote Print Post  
Nixons was great to me too...let me physically park a Pro190 Procraft next to a Triton T-186 for a comparison! what service!

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/27/06 at 03:27:45
Quote Print Post  
You guys are giving me great stuff, keep it coming.  I'm very interested in the aspects of service and location and boats not already here.  Also, as someone mentioned or two people did, even if Gonnasons became a dealer, they DO NOT have a full line in stock that I can remember seeing of Nitro, etc, but I did drive by awful fast (through Kent).  I've dealt with them before on other boats also.  I also  understand the great treatment most receive from Jeff at Nixons and can't ever complain about him either, he's always been friendly and great toward me and my questions also.  I'm looking for the continued information still about new models/manuf's, etc... It's really great you guys are so helpful....Thanks...

Chuck

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/27/06 at 14:38:59
Quote Print Post  
Your right, Gonnasons does not have any at their store yet.  My wife and I were at the BPS in Vegas last year and we were told there would be one in Washington in 2008.  A few years ago, TriCities was trying to get a BPS there, but BPS wanted to much from the city.  Being in Vegas looking at all the Nitros was tough....

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/04/06 at 20:02:30
Quote Print Post  
If you had some things to bring in or improve on for your boating needs here in our area, what would you want from a dealership (strickly freshwater) ?  Better maintenance turn around, better selection of boats, better equipment availability ( ie tackle, etc)?  What would make you go there instead of your current dealership?  Come on, give me some more good information guys?  I'm hungry and need to complete some research before next Thursday..........

Thanks,

CP

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/04/06 at 22:49:09
Quote Print Post  
The problem, if that is what it is, is that we as bass anglers are a very loyal bunch.  Loyal to our favorite rods & reels, baits, fishing locations, and yes, our boats.  I have racked by brain for answers to your thoughtful questions, but am stuck on the service thing.  I am not concerned with turn around or whistles and bells.  I want my rig treated with respect and my needs shared and met.  THAT is the bottom-line for me.

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/05/06 at 02:31:36
Quote Print Post  
Most Bass Boat Dealers in WA do not know how to rig a boat decently. They mount electronics in places where you can't see it when you need to, or it's in the way, and many are generally clueless with engine height and props. Far too many bass boats get old (and sold) without ever getting setup to run decently.

The owner has to do it, because the Dealers don't know what they're doing. You know...pull hard to the right, porpoise almost uncontrollably, crappy batteries, battery trays that come loose, screws into the floor that leak water into the plywood and foam. A lot of the 'help' is poorly paid and trained. I recall a certain Smokercraft that was delivered without the TM wiring harness fuctional (Glenn was the second owner). Too busy to give it a test? That's not a good way to build customer confidence. I'd like to see Dealers get themselves a bit of education about how to setup and rig a boat. C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #14 - 05/05/06 at 02:58:48
Quote Print Post  
We are very limited in the Great Northwest compared to other parts of the country.  I've read about people complaining about driving a 100 miles to the nearest dealership.  I would like to see Stratos(Genmar) closer to home, Basscat, Blazer and a few others without having to go 500 miles to do so.  We've gotten complacent with only having Skeeter, Triton and a select few others and feel lucky they're even in this state.  Our used market isn't great either and we have to wait and almost settle to get a good deal on a few year old boat.  Nature of the beast I guess.  Just my .02.

Terry

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo