Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Banks Lake Trip (Read 3257 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Banks Lake Trip
04/25/06 at 14:45:01
Quote Print Post  
Since those of us who fished the Potholes Open got cancelled on day one, we decided to hit Banks. What a blast! Everyone caught fish and the weather was great. Wolsky brought in big fish. Look at that monster and the seriousness on his face! Must have been a battle and an accomplishment to haul that pig in.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Re: Banks Lake Trip
Reply #1 - 04/25/06 at 15:45:35
Quote Print Post  
WOW! Shocked That fish was bigger than I remember. Man that was fun. 8) Nice pictures Rob. Grin Hey what's Jim doing behind that fish? ??? He sure is happy...

Carlos

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/25/06 at 15:47:23
Quote Print Post  
I about pooped my pants when I saw Mike's PIG!!! That was so sweet. I'm telling you Mike, that picture has Bass Pro Shops catalog testimonial written all over it.

Rob - how did we end up posing the same way in the pictures? That's kind of funny.

Fun day guys... Thanks.

Chris

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/25/06 at 15:57:04
Quote Print Post  
I want to be like Mike.  Now that is something to be proud of.  LMAO still today.  Now that was fun!!!!

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 04/25/06 at 18:47:41
Quote Print Post  
Yep that was a fun time. Sure wished Lyle and I couldve caught a Pig like Wolsky caught.
thanks for a great day everyone..
was great to being doing stuff with the club guys again.

Ted

Ted

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/25/06 at 19:13:20
Quote Print Post  
Oh thats right, you only catch squawfish in my boat.  Carp king !

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/25/06 at 19:51:35
Quote Print Post  
Don't you love how the gold scales contrast with the blue from the Stratos?  A match made in heaven, I say!!!

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/26/06 at 00:54:03
Quote Print Post  
WHAT A PIG MIKE!!!!   WHAT A FUN DAY THAT WAS!

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/26/06 at 04:11:45
Quote Print Post  
Hey, Mike. When you were holding that PIG up for the picture, did it give your thumb a hickey?

Stu

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/27/06 at 06:02:52
Quote Print Post  
Hey they just said biggest fish.... never declared what specie.

Good times.

I don't care what kind of fish is up next to the Stratos, it just looks good. Notice how the gold off the fish reflects onto the blue, giving it that tanned look.

The carp are definitly up shallow right now. It appeared they were in a prespawn pattern. I witnessed lots of crashing around in cattails and eratic darting around. Definitly pre-spawn. We did have to tweek our pattern a little. They were a bit shy of the jerk bait, but as you can see, it paid off. Hands down, worth $3.00 a gallon to drive over and fish these cousins of the bronze backs.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/27/06 at 23:11:56
Quote Print Post  
Nicely done Mike! Me and Dave could not figure out the Carp pattern. That sucks! Roll Eyes Hey, you think we could go out sometime and you could show me how to get on the Carp? I know a few spots out at Potholes. 8)

I want to learn,
Carlos

P.S. You think they will still be in Pre-spawn this weekend? If so, how many more weeks do we have?

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/27/06 at 23:21:48
Quote Print Post  
Hey Carlos I have a killer doughball recipe that catches carp just fine. You ever wanna go get some we could go from the shore under the East Channel bridge on Lake Washington. Monsters lurk around there.

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/28/06 at 04:05:56
Quote Print Post  
ya Carlos, I think they are definitly ganna be on this coming week end. Water warming and all. I'll tell ya, one of the toughest fish to figure out is a big female in prespawn. Hew!

Dough balls are OK, but I like to go after the reaction bites. It's almost like they don't even see it coming.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 04/28/06 at 04:26:09
Quote Print Post  
Wolsky, you are definately one in a million.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo