Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Silver Lake Draw Tourney Details (Read 3611 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Silver Lake Draw Tourney Details
04/25/06 at 04:57:19
Quote Print Post  
Since Jim isn't on the internet much, here is the info for the Silver Lake Draw Tourney, April 29 and 30.

Silver Lake Motel and Resort: http://www.silverlake-resort.com/ . Most people are staying here. Call for reservations at: (360) 274-6141. They have camping spots for rv's and tent spots that are pretty cheap. Cabins and rooms are very expensive.

The drivers meeting will be at the Public Launch at 6:30 am. If you launch at the Silver Lake Resort, which has a very narrow and steep ramp, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to make it to the public launch to the north without whacking anything in the water on the way.

Directions to Launch: Silver Lake, Cowlitz County  - Public Launch (Silver Lake Resort is the same way, just a few miles short of the launch)

Directions: Take I-5 south;  Take Exit 49 (Spirit Lake HWY 504) ;  Take  left off exit and go back over I-5 (Should pass a Burger King);  Stay straight for Approximately 8-9 miles (Past the Silver Lake Motel & Resort); Public launch is on  the right hand side.

FOR NEW FOLKS:
People normally get down to the Resort from mid afternoon until later at night on Friday. It is best to call for a reservation. Guys usually get their own dinner and hang out and drink sodas (some of us drink barley and hops sodas) until way too late and then go to bed for a few hours before getting up to get ready to launch.

On Saturday AM, we will meet at the public launch and Jim Rumann will have a drivers meeting where he will tell us the rules and draw for the nonboaters to see who thay wil go out with on day 1. I'm not sure of the weigh-in time. Jim will tell us down there, but he said that we are going to have our weigh in at the Silver Lake Resort's dock, as it is better for everyone to tie up at.

Best 5 fish each person each day. Jim will tell us the keeper size - usually 14 in, but sometimes 12 in.

After the weigh-in, we either go to a restaurant or have a potluck. Again, not sure which will happen this time.

To bed a little earlier (?) on Saturday night and do it all again on Sunday. Then weigh in, awards and go home.

Anybody who wants to add to this or mention something that I forgot, please feel free.

I am planning to get down there about 3 or 4 PM. I'll be in space #12 on the right when you first enter the Silver Lake Resort.. If you want my cell #, send me a PM.

Stu
« Last Edit: 04/26/06 at 04:08:58 by »  

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake Draw Tourney Details
Reply #1 - 04/26/06 at 04:09:40
Quote Print Post  
Question: Who all will be at Silver?

Stu

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/26/06 at 04:18:18
Quote Print Post  
I will be a Silver.  Thanks for the details.

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/26/06 at 04:54:06
Quote Print Post  
I will be there, riding down with Brian.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/26/06 at 04:54:25
Quote Print Post  
I'm in...and you know this man!

Carlos 8)

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/26/06 at 05:17:37
Quote Print Post  
Carlos, what time will you be ready to go Friday?

IP Logged

steve_lewis
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/26/06 at 13:55:53
Quote Print Post  
I'll Be there.  Tenting it.  Looking forward to it.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/26/06 at 15:07:09
Quote Print Post  
I will be there..as will Bob Brownlee.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/27/06 at 03:49:56
Quote Print Post  
Good Luck to all going to Silver.
Hope the bags are big and the fish bigger.

I'm heading to the Holes.
Russ

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/27/06 at 04:21:38
Quote Print Post  
Doug,

I'll be ready anytime after 4:30, but I can leave earlier if I need to.

Carlos

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/27/06 at 04:47:49
Quote Print Post  
I'll be rollin in sat morn.   After "sampling" Silver last week, all I'm going to tell you is were going to have fun!!!  If nothing else, the carp will take jigs! Wink Roll Eyes It should be great according to the last weather report! See you down there! Smiley

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/27/06 at 04:51:21
Quote Print Post  
Silver Lake weights?
My guess is 36lbs
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo