Normal Topic You know your tired after a tournement when? (Read 2252 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

You know your tired after a tournement when?
04/24/06 at 19:58:02
Quote Print Post  
  So I get back from a frustrating and tiring Potholes tournement to have this happen to me.
  I am sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn in my lap watching a little TV before going to bed.  Start to doze off and immediately start dreaming about fishing.  Pitch my jig to the majically beaver hut, ( Rob know's which one I am referring to), and suddenly, doink doink doink, bite.  I proceed to set the hook in my dream.  Only to wake up right at that moment to have a bowl of popcorn thrown across the room and my wife looking at me with the " What the Heck was that all about".  Talk about combat fishing.  Not only did I have to fight thru all the bushes Rob and I went thru, but popcorn to boot.

Mark

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: You know your tired after a tournement when?
Reply #1 - 04/24/06 at 20:27:13
Quote Print Post  
I don't care who you are, that's funny.  Good thing you did not have a hot dish in your lap.  That would have been bad.  I crashed at 8pm last night and still had a hard time a 6am this morning.  That wind was a butt kicker.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/24/06 at 20:29:55
Quote Print Post  
That is funny stuff, Mark!

My butt was kicked, too.

Yeah, Kirk, I think I was driving into Seattle at about 8  Tongue

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/24/06 at 20:53:34
Quote Print Post  
That's a good one Mark! I'm laughing my butt off right now! Grin Yeah my rear end got kicked too. Still had a blast though! 8)

Carlos

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/25/06 at 00:14:47
Quote Print Post  
Mark,

I know what you mean that happened to me last year in bed. Set the hook and my wife jumped up and said was she good looking? I said no I was setting the hook on a toad and fell back to sleep.

Yea that wind was brutal on the way back in but didn't have any problems with it since we were tucked back in tight. Just couldn't get two 5+ to eat our baits in the last hour to fill the limit. Would have loved them both for 25lb and a bigger check but thats the way it goes.

Yea Carlos you are one good poker player you lucky dog.
Russ

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #5 - 04/25/06 at 02:44:46
Quote Print Post  
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!  Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/14/06 at 15:14:39
Quote Print Post  
I just read this...funny. Now here's the dangerous side and a story to go with....

Saturday after fishing the NW Bass in Tri-cities, we leave and I am flying home because I have to grab Carlos and leave to go to Astoria for the Sturgeon trip. Of course I'm beat and frustrated again with my 6th poor performance of the year (seems to be a trend??). I have the cruise set at 70 mph and have already dozed off into the "Wake your @ss up!" part of the road several times. You know, the lined edge that makes all the noise.

So I'm fighting it again thinking to myself "put a dip in, harder to fall asleep." I see a van up ahead of me aways (I find out later she was doing 50mph). The eyes close and open several times. I guess they closed for too long this time because I open them and am like 15-20 yards behind the van and closing  in way fast. I had to slam the brakes and moved in the right shoulder to avoid sitting in the van with them. Dangerous! Here's the funny part...

I had a huge milkshake before we left and drank about half. The shake was sitting on the center console between us. It flies forward and all over Mark's shoe who had just awoke as I slam the breaks, startling the heck out of him. So he wakes up to almost slamming a van, and having a shake dump all over his shoe. it was hilarious!! I was awake after that...

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/15/06 at 03:55:44
Quote Print Post  
Yeah,
  I dont know what smelled worse.  The stinky feet / milkshake foot or the brown in my underwear upon waking up and seeing a ford aerostar van way to " up close and personal like"

Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo