Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Help with Lake Washington (Read 6150 times)
jwalzer
Ex Member

Help with Lake Washington
04/04/06 at 18:51:38
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys,

I have never been out to Lake Washington and am plannning to head out there this weekend.  I was hoping that some of you cuold give me an idea of some decent areas to fish.  From what I have read, it sounds like the Newport Shores/Canals area is pretty good.  Any other spots that any of you are willing to give up?

-jw

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Help with Lake Washington
Reply #1 - 04/04/06 at 19:01:36
Quote Print Post  
Just to make a day of it...try hitting webster point....in the am try the shoreline docks on the main lake side and after noon...switch to the Husky Bay side.
Smallies should be for the morning and Smallies and Largies in the afternoon.
Senkos weigtless and brush hogs lightly weighted around and skipped under docks...try some jerk baits in the afternoon too.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #2 - 04/04/06 at 19:21:54
Quote Print Post  
I've had luck under the bridge last couple of days.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/04/06 at 20:04:20
Quote Print Post  
You're going to have to help me out a bit as I don't know much about the area or the lake.  Webster Point would be the point just outside of Union Bay?  And as for Husky Bay?  Couldn't find much on that.  Don't suppose you could enlighten me a little further.

-jw

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/04/06 at 20:59:41
Quote Print Post  
"Husky Bay" is actually the bay on the inside of Webster Point but it isn't actually called "Husky Bay", It's called Union Bay. North end of Mercer Island can be productive at times.

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/04/06 at 21:25:18
Quote Print Post  
Thanks.  Just one last question...  Which launch would I want to use if I were to fish Newport and around Union Bay?  The Mercer Island launch?  Magnuson Park?

-jw

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/04/06 at 22:27:05
Quote Print Post  
Mercer Island or Newport Shores launch would save you some travel time.  It depends on where and when you were fishing.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/05/06 at 02:37:00
Quote Print Post  
Water temp was 49.7 degree's off of Coulon.  I know Wolsky's out there right now, probably tearin em up  Wink

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/05/06 at 03:02:34
Quote Print Post  
I usually launch at the Newport launch which I have always called the Coal Creek Launch. It is up to 9 bucks though. I'm not sure how much the East Mercer launch is. Those would be your best as you can go North or South or right into the canals.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/05/06 at 04:23:46
Quote Print Post  
Mercer launch is only 7$ If you have a fishing map of Lake Wa.,  pay close attention to were the deeper docks are and were the shallows are around them. "HINT"  Roll Eyes  the east channel has a few spots like that, as well as 'maydinbower?' bay.  Keep in mind that that map also inicates where underwater drainage pipes are............. Roll Eyes  Good hunting, keep us posted... Smiley

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/05/06 at 16:04:04
Quote Print Post  
Thanks everyone for all the help.  I will let you all know how I do if I actually make it out there this weekend.

-jw

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/06/06 at 13:24:26
Quote Print Post  
Was out for 3 hours last night. Water temp was 50.5. Caught 2 on cranks in 16ft, and 1 on drop shot in 26ft. Didn't have any luck fishing deeper. No big ones, but they all pulled good.
c&r Chad

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/06/06 at 18:49:39
Quote Print Post  
Were you in a Skeeter last night Chad?  I was out too but didn't catch anything.  My temp said 53 in a few different places.

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 04/07/06 at 21:58:28
Quote Print Post  
Are there any restrictions about fishing near or under the two bridges on the lake?

-jw

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 04/08/06 at 04:10:59
Quote Print Post  
I have fished all the bridges, around and under.  Never been harassed.  Mercer Island police boat is right there and they watched me fish before.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo