Normal Topic Silver Lake Open - #2 (2nd chance, anyone?) (Read 2630 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Silver Lake Open - #2 (2nd chance, anyone?)
04/01/06 at 05:02:37
Quote Print Post  
The St. Helens Bass club is having the same type of open tourney Capital had on Silver Lake on April 8.

Anyone up for trying it again in better (April) weather? (I'm busy on the 8th, so I'm not offering to go myself)

Entry form is on-line at: http://www.mt-st-helens-bassmasters.com/page5.html

(Note that they pay to 7th place.)

Stu

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake Open - #2 (2nd chance, anyone?)
Reply #1 - 04/03/06 at 22:54:42
Quote Print Post  
I am wondering how many boats they will draw with the Northwest Tourney on Banks that same day? Hey Baker can we be at two places at once?

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/04/06 at 00:14:47
Quote Print Post  
Man,

That would be a tough one to do, but could be done you at silver and me at banks.
Russ

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/04/06 at 13:34:59
Quote Print Post  
As of a week ago they had 25 teams entered.... I will be there fishin my first tourny out of my boat "16ft lund with a 25hp Johnson." 
Chad S.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/04/06 at 15:53:23
Quote Print Post  
Chad-

I thought you fished the NW Bass circuit with your Dad.

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/05/06 at 13:19:03
Quote Print Post  
Rob,
Dad and I fish the ABA West Division. We will be fishing the NW  Bass tourny on lake Washington this year, as we did last year. I would really like to fish the NW Bass circuit, but 4 of 5 tournaments are in Eastern WA which is a turn-off. We will also be fishing many opens as usual like Bob Mickleson, frostbite, CAST, and maybe the Whatcom open on the 29th. See ya out there.....
Chad S.
PS Does anyone know when the Crankbait bite on the rocks gets going on Silver..... It sure wasn't on last weekend, and neither was the red bush bite.......

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/05/06 at 14:43:02
Quote Print Post  
I would think the crankbait bite would have to wait until you at least have 58-60 degree water at the coolest. I could be wrong. Thats when I would feel the bass are realy moving around searching out bedding areas.

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/06/06 at 13:29:51
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Rob. It's supposed to be 67degrees at castle rock tommorow, so that will definantly warm the water a bit, and hopefully pull more fish up on the rocks. As of yesterday there is still 9 openings for the tourny this weekend.
chad s.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo