Normal Topic The Classic and ESPN (Read 2263 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

The Classic and ESPN
03/01/06 at 05:43:39
Quote Print Post  
I was SO excited to watch the classic this year... and so disappointed when I did!  Am I the only one?

Because of my schedule, I had to tape the 3-4 hours per day, and was I glad I did... so I could fast forward through the hours of BS that domiated the coverage.  Boring interviews, commentaries from unknowns, and everything BUT watching our heros fish.  I'll bet you could take the 9-10 hours of tape and only see 15 minutes of actual classic "fishing."   

$500,000 dollars - big deal!  ESPN just doesn't understand why bass anglers are watching!  They have turned the greatest event of the year into the most boring event on TV! Too much hype - and too much fluff!  Not enough substance!  Not enough of actually watching the pro participants in action - talking about what they are facing, the conditions, the techniques, the last minute decisions, the choices to move, the changing strategies... from their own lips!  Who cares what arm-chair ex-competitors are thinking! Am I the only one who got bored!

We've already discussed Luke and Ike on the other forum, I want your opinion on the classic itself!  If you liked it, I would sure like to hear why.  And if you didn't, was it for the same reasons I mentioned, or did something else disappoint you.  Just trying to stir it up a little!

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Re: The Classic and ESPN
Reply #1 - 03/01/06 at 06:06:21
Quote Print Post  
I think they did a real crappy job of covering the Classic.  I want more live coverage of fishing.  I guess they were trying to build up suspense.  Unfortunately all they managed to do was bore the heck out of everyone.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 03/01/06 at 06:14:43
Quote Print Post  
Yup, horrible.  Looked like a bad imitation of WWF.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #3 - 03/01/06 at 14:34:43
Quote Print Post  
Not only was the coverage poor, but it was also slanted and seemed to favor those anglers who are staying with BASS.  If you were a contestant who has decided to fish the FLW or worse, the TBF, you got minimal camera time. Sad  A sad commentary on what ESPN has turned BASS into.

Smitty
Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/01/06 at 15:56:28
Quote Print Post  
I am wondering what Ray Scott thinks about all this.  Was this his vision?  Is HE disappointed?  While I don't always agree with what he has to say, I do think his original vision for professional bass fishing was not quite like this.  Time will tell.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/01/06 at 15:57:38
Quote Print Post  
Wow, my 300 post!  I am no a senior member like the rest of the old goats around here.  Maybe I need to get off the computer.......

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/02/06 at 01:30:26
Quote Print Post  
Plain and simple, It Sucked!!!!!!!!!!! Never watching again.
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo