Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Way to go Luke! (Read 11635 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Way to go Luke!
Reply #30 - 02/27/06 at 19:06:17
Quote Print Post  
Luke also optioned out of the big stringer tournament circuit he qualified for with the big sack the first day......maybe he see's the writing on the wall

Bassmasters is going out...hate to say it but ESPN has caused Bassmaters to "Jump The Shark!"

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #31 - 02/27/06 at 20:43:53
Quote Print Post  
Absolutely correct, Larry.  B.A.S.S., as we once knew it, is completely gone.  I talked to some of the WaBass Fed guys this weekend, and they were clearly dejected.  And they had nothing positive to say about the Fed switching over to FLW.

I'm just glad the WBC membership never waivered and never gave into the pressure to suck this club into that mess.  We have, and continue to do quite well on our own, thank you very much.  Long Live WBC!!!   Grin Cheesy

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 02/27/06 at 21:01:46
Quote Print Post  
i agree with everyone on the classic being boring.  why do they even put a camera man in the boat if they are not gonna show fishing.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 02/27/06 at 22:05:03
Quote Print Post  
Well some wanted the oppurtunity to fish tournaments where you have to be affiliated with the BASS FED and to represent WBC as a member while doing it. I understand there is some bs involved, but it was for members to stay connected with WBC and be able to fish events WBC doesn't offer.

People wanted a little more money in tournaments and people said "NO" so they asked about joining the FED to get this and the club said "NO" again.  Now you have lost some members that the club wouldn't adapt for...

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 02/28/06 at 02:18:35
Quote Print Post  
I also read today it costs $5000.00 to enter some of the larger BASS tourneys and this has caused some members to be a bit PO'd

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 02/28/06 at 04:37:32
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Glen, for some strange reason I thought he was sponsored by Triton, but either way, it's a win for the
West Coast and for Washington Anglers, so I corrected my original post also.   He did a superb job and he's gotta be HIGHER than all get out right now...  Wow, it's just amazing...

Chuck

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 02/28/06 at 05:41:41
Quote Print Post  
Looks like he might not even defend the title........EEEEEEEEEOOOOOUUUUUCCCCHHHHHHH!

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 02/28/06 at 06:28:34
Quote Print Post  
Check these articles out

Angler not hooked on changes
Shuffield ends his career with BASS following conclusion of Classic on Sunday.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/orl-bassside2706feb27,0,4713993.story?coll=sf...

Cochran leaving BASS circuit for FLW Tour

http://www.al.com/outdoors/mobileregister/drainer.ssf?/base/sports/1140949523215...

Stu

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 02/28/06 at 17:12:24
Quote Print Post  
I am unsure about what to say or feel about the direction of BASS.  All of you make good points, but I can't help but sense that some handle and manage change better than others.  Every mainstream sport has gone through changes and evolutions over time.  The only thing that I know for certain is that I will continue to fish and to compete a little each year.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 02/28/06 at 18:27:04
Quote Print Post  
I've thought FLW events on tv have been fun to watch for years. They are like Nascar with the numbered and sponsored boats. The coverage has been pretty good and the weigh-in format adds excitement, how they only bring enough fish to take the lead then sit back down until someone tops them. The only drawback I can see is you need to a Ranger to fish them.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #40 - 03/01/06 at 14:43:02
Quote Print Post  
Actually Rob, Champion and Stratos owners get priority for entry along with Ranger owners.  Following that, Yamaha and Evinrude owners are selected to the field.  
The finalist's must fish out of a Ranger and wear the labeled attire of the major sponsors of the FLW Trail.  However, during the qualifying round and on any days not on live TV, contestants may wear anything and fish from anything they want.

Smitty
Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 03/01/06 at 16:57:51
Quote Print Post  
I knew someone would correct me if I was wrong....

I had a feeling there may have been something I was missing.

Thanks Smitty

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 03/01/06 at 20:05:06
Quote Print Post  
What's really cool is that Luke has now won BOTH major Championships..... I wonder who else has done that, and if I'm not mistaken he did it in 2 seasons.... didn't he win the FLW one last year???

Great Job Luke....

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #43 - 03/01/06 at 20:42:38
Quote Print Post  
I think George Cochran is the only other person.  He won last year, Clauson won in '04.

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 03/02/06 at 00:13:58
Quote Print Post  
Also Dion Hibdon, and one other guy, the info on Bassfan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo