Normal Topic Lake Washington newbi (Read 1953 times)
Hooter
WBC Member

topwater under a full
moon

Lake Washington newbi
02/08/06 at 05:24:25
Quote Print Post  
Ok, normaly I fish small water, but I have zeroed all winter. Young Son is losing faith in me. So, what area or areas of the lake and where do I find the ramp? I promise to lose the kitty picture if I catch a fish even if its a  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed slimer.              Here kitty, kitty, kitty!

SHUT UP AND FISH!!!           I fish because the voices in my head tell me too.
IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Re: Lake Washington newbi
Reply #1 - 02/08/06 at 14:34:00
Quote Print Post  
Nightbasser,
  The ramp is at Gene Coulon Park off of I-405 and Sunset exit.  Not hard to find.  The fish, on the other hand, may be.  Everyone has their "go to holes" but I prefer the following areas 1) north end of Mercer Island is a small park (draw a straight line out from the chain link fence out to 45 ft. deep and "drag" west from there to the point 250 yards staying about the 45-50 ft. mark) in a cove, it will make sense once you get there. 2)  About a 1/4 mile up the east channel from the south end of Mercer is a small "chrome windmill thing" on a dock.  Directly out from that windmill is a under water point that drops off to about 60 ft.  Fish that point  on top and sides (use your graph and bouy markers if you have some) and remember, FISH SLOWWWWW!  Hope to see you at the fish-in, not sure if we can make it yet or not.  Good luck

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/08/06 at 16:32:02
Quote Print Post  
You can also luanch at the Coal Creek Ramp. This will put you right acroos from the Mercer Island. Then you don't have to run your boat up from Gene Coulon. Just take 405 north to The Coal Creek Exit. Take a right and follow straight under the highway. There is a long fence on the left for a neighborhood. Right after that is the launch on the left.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/08/06 at 17:13:07
Quote Print Post  
Boy Ron,  you really want to get rid of the Kitty pretty  bad if you are giving up all of your "secret" spots! LOL

Rich

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/08/06 at 18:38:24
Quote Print Post  
Nightbasser,

If your main goal is to have your son catch some fish, then you should definitely try to get some perch out of Lake Washington. After you get some perch, give the bass a try.

Perch will be on any big point that sticks out into the lake. Groat Point, at the entrance to Meydenbauer Bay (where the city of Bellevue sits), is a favorite. Coleman point, the big point straight out from Coulon Park, is another favorite. And the south end of Mercer Island always has perch.

Go into 50-80 feet of water to start looking this time of year. In March they will begin to move shallower. If you don't have a depth finder, drag around all parts of the point and mark the spots where you get bites. Perch will move around a bit, but they generally stay in the same area over the course of a day.

If you have a depthfinder, putt around the point with your motor and look for clouds of fish. Sometimes they are so thick that cheaper depthfinders will just show the bottom becoming really shallow for a second and going back deeper again. That is probably a school of perch. FISH THERE!  Grin

The perch seem to bite better if you have a little bit of nightcrawler on the end of the hook. Try little crappie jigs or tiny 1-2" grubs.

If you just have to catch a bass, well, it's tough this time of year. Lake Washington doesn't start getting really good until April. There are people like Ex-Prez out there catching fish every trip in the winter, but it took those people a long time to figure out how to do it consistently. I sure as heck can't do it. Take the tips above and work at it...

Chris

IP Logged

Hooter
WBC Member

topwater under a full
moon

Reply #5 - 02/09/06 at 02:58:04
Quote Print Post  
Wow! Thanks guys. I would have been happy with just a general area to  Shocked Shockedfish. However I will try to exploit all you give me. As to the fish-in I work Saturdays . However maybe , I can swap a day or come down with sunshine flu. Will try to make it next week to the meeting.           THANKS                    Shocked
« Last Edit: 02/10/06 at 03:26:12 by Hooter »  

SHUT UP AND FISH!!!           I fish because the voices in my head tell me too.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo